1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Garrim Gyr's traits

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Rutee, May 17, 2009.

1. Rutee

Rutee Warlord

Ind/Def? Notwithstanding that Defender basically.. does nothing for the Golems, his little story thing seems to indicate he's a decent mage; Why not Arcane or something along those lines?

2. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Deity

He was Arcane in some previous versions of FfH, I don't understand why he was changed.

3. Monkeyfinger

Monkeyfinger Deity

He is Fin/Def last I checked.

4. orgonebox

orgonebox Squidtastic

I've been trying to make sense of GG's trait changes for several versions. When GG was Fin/Arc, I would play him all the time. Now that Beeri Bawl is the insanely overpowered Ind/Fin, why ever bother with GG? The only thing I can think is that the defensive trait might give the Luchuirp a chance to survive a little longer in the hands of the AI. Still, I usually see BB outperform GG in every AI instance.

5. civ_king

civ_king Deus Caritas Est

I think he is Ind in FF

6. Rutee

Rutee Warlord

Ah, my bad. I assumed they didn't change leaders. Still, Defender strikes me as useless and.. unfitting.

7. vivictius

vivictius Prince

Ya, I've been complaining about his Defender trait for a while, totally useless for the Lurchip. Actually, its probably the weakest trait for anyone.

8. xalien

xalien Prince

Defencive can be a pretty good trait if you get a lot of flanking 3 horsemen before stirrups. Horse archers can then go up to 95% withdrawal chance which is 3 times better than 85% (only 5% chance of failure instead of 15%).

9. MrUnderhill

MrUnderhill Civ-loving Hobbit

True, but we're talking about the Luchuirp, not the Hippus. Golems can't get the Defensive promotion through traits, so in all the trait is about 90% useless to them. And don't they have a Horse Archer UU with a worse withdrawl rate, anyway?

Personally, I'm in favor of making Garrim Arcane again. It wasn't terribly overpowered (especially compared to the tech/wonder monster that is Beeri Bawl) and it worked well to the Luchuirp's advantage (especially with the synergy between mages and golems via Repair). It'd be nice to have a magic-aligned dwarven race again.

10. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

I already have, for my next version of FFPlus..... Just got other things to finish before I release it. :lol:

11. Fenboy

Fenboy King

Nope, neither Luchuirp nor Khazad can train Horse Archers AT ALL. You are thinking of their Horseman UU, the Boar Rider.

12. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

I say he really needs to get Arcane back. (In my version I gave him Arcane but left his other traits the same, as having Defensive doesn't do much anyway.)

Maybe a poll would help us convince Kael to un-nerf Garrim?

13. WarKirby

WarKirby Arty person

While we're on the Subject, Arturus Thorne of Khazad seems woefully inferior to Kandros Fir.

Agg/Fin for Khazad is a killer combination. I think Arturus has Ind/Org or somesuch. It's not good in any case.

I'd personally say Arturus should be Fin/Ind/Def