Garrison, inquisition and Wars of Religion questions

Mango201

Chieftain
Q1. Playing an asynchronous MP game and I'm about to take a city that has archers garrisoned in both the city and the encampment.

I know that the archer garrisoned in the city will die on conquest, but what happens to the archer in the encampment? Posted this a few days ago but got mixed answers so thought I'd try again.

Q2: When I conquer a city center, can that city's encampment perform a ranged attack on the same turn?

Q3. I follow religion A and I'm about to take a city that follows religion B. Suppose I use an apostle that follows religion B to launch an inquisition - can I now build inquisitors of religion A and B from cities that follow these respective religions? Or do I need to launch an inquisition for each religion separately?

Q4. I follow religion A and I'm about to take a city that follows religion B. Once conquered, can I build missionaries that follow religion B from my new city and convert my enemies cities in order to benefit from Wars of Religion policy card? Is the threshold for 'following a religion', 50% or >50%?

Last edited:
I only know the answer to Q2, which is yes - you can perform ranged attacks following conquering a city on the same turn.

Top Bottom