[GS] Gathering Storm General Discussion Thread

When the author uses language such as "nowhere near as cool" and "sucks", it's hard to take anything he's written seriously.
We are talking about the same website that called Pillars of Eternity an "indie" game. :lol: Kotaku doesn't have much credibility these days...

With religious fighting displayed as thunderbolts and all that - I want an apostle promotion to summon a disaster in territory that follows another religion. Would make the religious game more interesting if you send tornados to those heathens.
"Cleopatra, let my people go!" :mischief:

Make GPs recruitable after all religions have been founded.

Moses 1 charge. Instantly builds a canal district.
*Bridge district. :p

With religious fighting displayed as thunderbolts and all that - I want an apostle promotion to summon a disaster in territory that follows another religion. Would make the religious game more interesting if you send tornados to those heathens.

Locusts! I want Locusts!

And if we're really being Inclusive:
Norwegian Religion smites enemy units with a flying hammer
Greek Religion is the one throwing lightning bolts
Indian Religion provides Air Support to its units with a large flying bird.

Locusts! I want Locusts!

I think they may be sending missionaries to New Jersey.
Spoiler :
IndianReligionBird.jpg

Spoiler :
LucyTheElephant-NewJersey.jpg

Locusts! I want Locusts!

Let us make a religion which would curse each of enemy citizen to speak different language, and thus decrease their production whenever they start a wonder.

One of my criticisms of the World Congress in Civ5 is that most of the resolutions were rather boring.

I could not agree more. I honestly never understood why the world would vote to ban citrus.

"Citrus has posed far too great a threat to humanity! SCURVY BE DAMNED! DOWN WITH CITRUS!!!"

Motion carries.

"Sir. The motion carried. All citrus has been banned."
"Good. We are safe. For now."

I could not agree more. I honestly never understood why the world would vote to ban citrus.

"Citrus has posed far too great a threat to humanity! SCURVY BE DAMNED! DOWN WITH CITRUS!!!"

Motion carries.

"Sir. The motion carried. All citrus has been banned."
"Good. We are safe. For now."

I thought it was candy... but it was pigs... - Suleiman the Great.

I thought it was a way to wage economic war on your rivals.
The AI thought it was a way to amuse itself when it had nothing better to do. :rolleyes: (I'd literally see Civ5 leaders try to ban their own luxuries... :p )

I think they may be sending missionaries to New Jersey.

It is a well-known fact (among the surrounding states, anyway) that Anything you send to New Jersey would improve it . . .

As a certain geology professor described it when I was at University:
"The land from which the sea receded in disgust."

Okay, that was Insensitive to Jerseoids. I'd apologize if I was really sorry.
32 hours to GS, and I'm getting snarky. I probably need to go translate something to take my mind off it all . . .

I just have a quick question about Germany, did they get changed as well? Or did they get an indirect buff to their Hansas because of the strategic resource/ IZ district change?

But banning a luxury is a minor nuisance at best. Now you can shut down culture civs by making it really hard to generate culture by banning Theater Districts, for example.

It is a well-known fact (among the surrounding states, anyway) that Anything you send to New Jersey would improve it . . .

As a certain geology professor described it when I was at University:
"The land from which the sea receded in disgust."

Okay, that was Insensitive to Jerseoids. I'd apologize if I was really sorry.
32 hours to GS, and I'm getting snarky. I probably need to go translate something to take my mind off it all . . .
So you're saying the impression I've been fostering of a rich, lush, beautiful garden after looking at countless license plates of cars visiting from New Jersey over the years describing it as "The Garden State" may be somewhat misleading?

Last edited:
So you're saying the impression I've been fostering of a rich, lush, beautiful garden after looking at countless license plates of cars visiting from New Jersey over the years describing it as "The Garden State" may be somewhat misleading?

My entire experience with New Jersey was visiting a friend at Princeton - which was beautiful - so I feel like I've had the opposite NJ experience of most people.

Top Bottom