[GS] Gathering Storm General Discussion Thread

But banning a luxury is a minor nuisance at best. Now you can shut down culture civs by making it really hard to generate culture by banning Theater Districts, for example.

Between rebels and ideological pressure you could occasionally cripple a civ pretty effectively via luxury bans.

But banning a luxury is a minor nuisance at best. Now you can shut down culture civs by making it really hard to generate culture by banning Theater Districts, for example.
It‘s also useful to do this if you are a culture civ or going for a cultural victory. Makes defending against it much harder and tourism can be generated otherwise.

Also: does it work on UDs (Greece)?

Last edited:
Locusts! I want Locusts!

And if we're really being Inclusive:
Norwegian Religion smites enemy units with a flying hammer
Greek Religion is the one throwing lightning bolts
Indian Religion provides Air Support to its units with a large flying bird.
Chinese Religion provides staff-wielding monkeys flying on clouds!

They can ride on hurricanes, tornadoes, dust storms, and blizzards as well.

Also lots of proposals in CiV just failed and did nothing. Many of the proposals seem stronger here and something is guaranteed to happen from the streams I’ve watched. I also like that it begins early in the game. The new version of the world congress just seems way more interesting in terms of gameplay across the board.

It‘s also useful to do this if you are a culture civ or going for a cultural victory. Makes defending against it much harder and tourism can be generated otherwise.

Also: does it work on UDs (Greece)?

I would assume so.

If for some reason the culture civ hasn't already built these districts by the time the congress resolution randomly appears.

That seems a more likely use for this particular resolution.

If for some reason the culture civ hasn't already built these districts by the time the congress resolution randomly appears.

I mean sure... you can also embargo their trade routes, reduce their district/great work culture throughput, make faith purchases a lot more expensive, etc... The point is you can directly undermine people now.... through more than just some happiness and gpt.

I personally like how something will ALWAYS happen (negatively or positively). After passing the World's Fair in civ5 I just didn't care anymore :p

So you're saying the impression I've been fostering of a rich, lush, beautiful garden after looking at countless license plates of cars visiting from New Jersey over the years describing it as "The Garden State" may be somewhat misleading?

I'm sorry for your loss of innocence. There isn't any Santa Claus, either: he retired after he got mugged in Trenton . . .

Truthfully, though, there are parts of New Jersey as delightful as anyplace in the USA: the Poconos, parts of the shore well away from Atlantic City, the hills and forested areas along the Pennsylvania border. . .

On the other hand, if you've ever smelled Perth Amboy at low tide, you'll know what much of the planet is going to smell like in another 50 - 100 years if we don't get off our Butts and start doing something about it.

On the other hand, if you've ever smelled Perth Amboy at low tide, you'll know what much of the planet is going to smell like in another 50 - 100 years if we don't get off our Butts and start doing something about it.

Well put, Boris!
That's why modern-day Phoenicia has allocated 5 white cars to clear up their the once-in-an-epoch trash flood. :)

beirut.jpeg

I'm sorry for your loss of innocence. There isn't any Santa Claus, either: he retired after he got mugged in Trenton . . .

Truthfully, though, there are parts of New Jersey as delightful as anyplace in the USA: the Poconos, parts of the shore well away from Atlantic City, the hills and forested areas along the Pennsylvania border. . .

I'd like to jump aboard the Jersey bashathon other than my grandparents on both sides migrated from there to California in the early part of the 20th century. I still have a truckload and a half of family back there as well. No offense taken of course, I think I may have just stumbled onto the reason my grandparents left :).

So I just saw the "every wonder in GS video" posted on YouTube. A very nice recapitulation! Now do the same for Natural wonders :p

I can't help but wonder why the Indian music is played alongside Machu Picchu though...

I can't help but wonder why the Indian music is played alongside Machu Picchu though...
Well if they can confuse Sweden and Norway... :crazyeye:

They kind of tried to get away with it by having the same music play over the Great Bath and Meenakshi Temple, but yeah...

Well, Inca and India are adjacent alphabetically. Perhaps a misclick on the wrong file? :mischief:

I can believe it. I mean someone did confuse the Phoenician first look theme with the Ottoman one because they both sound distinctly Middle Eastern.

Me neither.

Perhaps that they were being their inner conquistador. After all, the conquistadors called Incas "Indians," which we all know is factually inaccurate.

Historical tidbit I find interesting. In the 17th century, there was a British court ruling that said that private individuals could buy land from Mughal princes. A copy of that ruling made it to the American colonies, but it (in)conveniently replaced Mughal princes with "Indian princes." Needless to say, many Americans took that as a right to expand past the Appalachians and buy land from individual nations.

Top Bottom