[GS] Gathering Storm General Discussion Thread

4MB/s why you so slow?

Edit: Ugh, that's just the patch! Load Gathering Storm already!

Last edited:
3 gigs ... curse you Australian Internet

Mine stopped at about 720Mb downloaded (of 1.2Gb)

I paused it and resumed it and now it's telling me 3.0Gb total. If anyone else gets stalled, try that.

I have my code from GMG and it is showing Added but Not Installed on Steam.
I don't see where I can start the download process.
Any help is appreciated!

Nevermind... I guess it was Auto Installing and not showing me :)

I have my code from GMG and it is showing Added but Not Installed on Steam.
I don't see where I can start the download process.
Any help is appreciated!
Have you tried restarting Steam?

Steam: download complete

Wife: Hey, can you do me a favor?
My fiancee: "Okay, I'm ready for you to quiz me on the dental school chapter I just read".

T.T

Weird. It downloaded and I opened to game, but was still RnF. But it said all my mods weren't compatible.

So I rebooted Steam and now it is downloading again.

On random leaders, I rolled Canada. Didn't expect this to be my first leader, but alright. Let's go diplo!

That Canada city list has some interesting choices. Kinda sad my hometown of Sudbury didnt get in (it only supplied the Allies almost all of there nickel in ww1 / 2 ... and is the largest french city outside of quebec.)

Okay, so I haven't played since before they introduced the Launcher. I'm trying to load into the game and whether I use DirectX11 or DirectX12, everytime I go to start it it doesn't open and just pushes me back to the launcher. That's a bit frustrating, not sure what's going on.

...Those of you with girlfriends/fiancees/wives: suckers!

Those of you with work tomorrow: suckers!

Ha!

My partner asked me not to come over Friday night as she has an test at Saturday.
And my local public transport is on strike tomorrow and I wouldn't be able to reach work anyway - so I took a day off.

"Destiny is all!" :D

First game I decided to end up rolling the dice, because I had a hard time deciding, and wound up with China. First impressions were that the map looks gorgeous, and somehow production feels... better? I don't have any data on whether or not costs were rescaled, but building things felt much less like a chore than normal. Might've just been a solid start, but I felt like I was producing things faster than I would in R&F.

I started near Saladin and Persia, but sure enough, Kupe washed up on shore right nearby me. I can see the Maori becoming a really annoying Civ to deal with, because right after landing, he sent out another settler to forward settle me. Naturally, I had to engage in some... conflict resolution. Annoying, but really interesting situation that only the Maori could give; I'm going to enjoy hating them in future games.

I also had a sandstorm pop up in a desert near me, which naturally improved a lot of tiles nearby me, might mess around and build Petra (especially since I'm China and all). Quick question: does anyone know if natural disasters can improve city centers? Because I could've sworn my city-center was on a 2-2 tile, but now it's a 2-3. Not sure if I just wasn't paying close attention or if city-centers are subject to the fertile tiles rule. If they are, then that's pretty neat.

Top Bottom