[GS] Gathering Storm General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Nov 20, 2018.

1. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Deity

Frankly, it would be kinda lame if the future governments were just slightly better versions of previous governments. In terms of the number of policy cards, your description is accurate though but hopefully, they will get unique bonuses that will make them different and interesting. Conceptually, these future governments are rather thought provoking and deserve good gameplay abilities. Also, I hope the abilities are better than just +/- points. For example, I would find it kinda boring if Digital Democracy just gave you +2 amenities per city.

Leathaface and DefiantMars like this.
  2. Cerilis

Cerilis Stormrider

I expect the new governments to be kinda tied in to the whole climate change and electricity thing, tbh. ^^

AvianBritish and Proclo like this.
  3. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

I'd like to see the possibility, on the condition it only happens if you really just don't care about what's happening. It shouldn't be that you should sacrifice everything to avoid it.

4. Proclo

Proclo Warlord

Great analysis, but maybe Eleanora doesn't come with a UU, Chandragupta didn't, neither Gorgo

blackcatatonic likes this.
  5. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

Strategic resources have never been needed for UUs so far.

Oops, that quote was talking of warmonger penalties being replaced with grievances.
    Still war weariness usually increases the more warmonger penalties you get, so I assume if you get more grievances your war weariness will go up, except Alexander.

6. OmegaDestroyer

OmegaDestroyer King

Fully expecting giant death robot and XCOM to return.

7. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

If Eleanor is a dual leader for England and France, I really hope they don't give her the Longbowman. Giving France access to the unit that's mostly famous for causing them lots of problems in the Hundred Years' War would be hilarious.

8. Denkt

Denkt Left Forever

Armagedon condition in which everyone lose would actually be quite nice so you also have to think not only about how to win but how to avoid losing.

9. Lord Lakely

Lord Lakely Idea Fountain

Precisely. Which means that UUs will be more expensive than regular units if you have the required stratagem, while most of the UUs are *meant* to cost the same amount of hammers as the units they replace. It's a bit silly, don't you think?

10. Proclo

Proclo Warlord

If Ottomans and Hungarians have to look for a Geothermal Fissure to build their UI, they are ****ed, because I presumed they won't be all that common, am I wrong?

11. Denkt

Denkt Left Forever

Or overpowered if they have it.

12. Cerilis

Cerilis Stormrider

Given that you will now probably be able to import "chunks" of strategic resources without losing them when the deal is over or breaks, I think it might be reasonable to expect UUs to need them too. They could still use less of them though (or them using less is one of their unique abilities).

13. Dark_Jedi06

Dark_Jedi06 "Deus ex Machina."

If I recall in Civ 5 (or maybe Civ 4...) launching a enough nukes would basically cause the Earth to fracture and everyone lost.

14. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

I didn't notice that. Honestly if you have the required resources such as two Iron for Legions you should be able to build it cheaper, as well as you can build Legions anyway without Iron.
    Why would a Bazaar need a geothermal fissure? :p

Proclo likes this.
  15. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

As neat as Mountain Tunnels and the prospects of building them are, I'm having a difficult time envisioning them being anything more than situationally useful. Like, only if there is a mountain-locked tile with a strategic or luxury resource, or perhaps tunneling into your enemy's backyard to create a second front.

Mostly mountains can be moved around without much difficulty on regular roads by the time tunnels presumably become available.

Hawke9 likes this.
  16. Denkt

Denkt Left Forever

From what I understod you can not build the unit at all if you lack the resources, not that you get a buff to build speed if you have the resources.

17. Proclo

Proclo Warlord

You have give an idea... at this point I think we can all agree that the only disasters in the XP are Volcanoes, storms (blizzards, sand storms, tornados, hurricanes),floods, and droughts. Nothing about earthquakes and nothing about not climate change related mankind disasters: for now no nuclear accidents and no plagues. But what if they are added in dlcs the same way, I don't know, scenarios are added. If we don't get a 3rd XP I hope at least we'll get all a completet collection of disasters.

18. Cerilis

Cerilis Stormrider

Good point. Maybe railroads come with some kind of running cost (coal?) so you would want to keep them as short as possible?

ChocolateShake and SammyKhalifa like this.
  19. GermanSettler

GermanSettler Warlord

Very happy with this announcement.

I also think this all but confirms no third expansion and that the last leak was real with the possible mistake of Byzantine/Hungary mixup.

I could see DLCs adding some fan-favourites after February (Portugal, Maya, Vietnam and maybe some second leaders). But I do not see the game being able to carry more systems after GS. Civ6 will probably be complete by the end of 2019, I think.

acluewithout likes this.
  20. Vrenir

Vrenir King

I’m guessing the future governments will be similar to the Beyond Earth alignments, which also match environmental policies - basically Green/Conservation, Mitigating Damage through Technology, or Beating the Environment into Submission.