[GS] Gathering Storm General Discussion Thread

I mean hospitals still might be missing.

I would think it odd if they haven't added hospitals in an xpac like this, especially since this is the 2nd xpac now. I'm thinking hospitals is one of the new buildings we will be getting, or at least it would make sense if it is.

Interesting point, really... Now, What district would you see the hospital in ? Government plaza ? Holy Site ? City Center ? Not sure any of those REALLY fits the bill... maybe a specific district like Neighborhood or Aqueduct ?

Edit: Ninja'd ;-)

In that interview they talked about diseases in the black death scenario, but they didn't want to implement it in the actual game (keyword) yet which was interesting.
I'm not quite sure what district a hospital would go in now since I think the three new districts we're getting is the canal, dam, and the ocean neighborhood.
Interesting point, really... Now, What district would you see the hospital in ? Government plaza ? Holy Site ? City Center ? Not sure any of those REALLY fits the bill... maybe a specific district like Neighborhood or Aqueduct ?

Edit: Ninja'd ;-)

City centre, of course. That is what I had imagined anyway. Seems like an essential building that shouldn't be contingent of districts. And City centre really does "fit the bill" for this.

If anyone's interested the Canadian Encyclopedia has a pretty well-rounded page on Wilfrid Laurier, the possible leader of a possible Canadian Civ. It describes his pros and cons as Prime Minister and could provide a clue to the leader bonus Firaxis might go for.

Last edited:
City centre, of course. That is what I had imagined anyway. Seems like an essential building that shouldn't be contingent of districts. And City centre really does "fit the bill" for this.
I felt that the city center was starting to get crowded, and a hospital would just add to that.
I guess a neighborhood could work as well or a revamped health district that would include the aqueduct.

If there is a new scout between scout and ranger, I suppose the Mountie might take that slot... or even be a ranger replacement... but I really do not like the Mountie as a UU as they were more policeman than anything (although they did participate in combat in a couple of rebellions (using gatling guns and cannon as well as rifles)).

I felt that the city center was starting to get crowded, and a hospital would just add to that.
I guess a neighborhood could work as well or a revamped health district that would include the aqueduct.
Neighborhood could work, or a whole new district.

I would think it odd if they haven't added hospitals in an xpac like this, especially since this is the 2nd xpac now. I'm thinking hospitals is one of the new buildings we will be getting, or at least it would make sense if it is.
There's no health mechanic, so a hospital wouldn't serve any particular purpose. Except as another source of housing or amenities, for which there is no particular need.

There's no health mechanic, so a hospital wouldn't serve any particular purpose. Except as another source of housing or amenities, for which there is no particular need.
True, but it still would seem odd to not have that as a building. Seems so obvious to have it.

The mechanic is probably tied more to deforestation, which is typically done to clear land for agriculture...so kind of in a way, yes.

It is more the methane given off by cows, for us. I wonder if pastures have a climate impact late game...

So this thread is about Canada now?

They would not be environmentalist considering how horrible they are with carbon emissions and tar sands, etc. Would also be kinda boring...

Just make them a variant of the US ;)

Canada/Australia, the two civs created to please a specific player base with no regard to the general quality of the game. The game really shines in the first 2/3 part making late civs redundant.

Top Bottom