1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Gathering Storm General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Nov 20, 2018.

1. AriochIV

AriochIV Analyst

Since they talk about the importance of upgrading to newer and cleaner fuels (such as from coal to oil), I have to assume that they will allow us to change or upgrade powerplants. If not, that would be really lame and frustrating.

Pretty much all current districts can be pillaged in one way or another, and they obviously have a new flooding mechanism, so it makes sense that dams should be targetable and that a pillaged dam should cause a flood.

2. thecrazyscot

thecrazyscot Spiffy

I certainly hope so!

3. bite

bite Unoffical Civilization Geographer Moderator

A small updated to the features thread of little details I missed in the first article wave

4. shaglio

shaglio The Prince of Dorkness

I don’t know, I’ve seen shorter words in Welsh that were harder to pronounce. It took me until a few months ago to figure out how to pronounce Bron-Yr-Aur

5. Zaarin

Zaarin My Dearest Doctor

And of course there's Irish and French, where only about a third of the letters are actually pronounced. (Incidentally I love scripts like that.) :D

ChocolateShake, Leyrann and Kimiimaro like this.
  6. Gen.Washington

Gen.Washington Anti-communist

So here’s the real question guys, do you think that with this expansion VI has caught up to V not taking mods into account?

7. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Feature-quantity-wise, yes. Whether quality of play equals or surpasses it, we will have to get our hands on it to find out.

KayAU, Inawordyes, Leathaface and 5 others like this.
  8. thecrazyscot

thecrazyscot Spiffy

Personally I preferred vanilla 6 over BNW 5, so, absolutely. Each additional expansion is just icing on the cake for me at this point.

9. Gen.Washington

Hopefully some of these new units are Great War era to bridge the gap between the 1860s and 1940s

10. durfal

durfal The Dutch Daredevil

If it is in game as a wonder and not just as standing as an example of a Flood Barrier I doubt they call it the Oosterscheldekering, maybe they use the Delta Works as it's name, as it is one of the constructs of the whole complex of dams, sluices, dykes, bridges, levees and storm surge barriers.
    And Delta Works (Delta Werken in dutch) is much easier to pronounce for non dutch speakers.

Leyrann and Zaarin like this.
  11. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

I think we need some futuristic end game units that don‘t need strategic resources to move or a new type of strategic resource. It would be hard to do much in the end game if every strong unit still runs on uranium and oil...

12. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

Perhaps a new resource will be found- Firaxite. :) I'm kidding, please don't ever do that again.

13. Gen.Washington

I’d assume late game units would be “green” as that’s the focus of late game strategy

Siptah likes this.
  14. Pistol90

Pistol90 Chieftain

So, after Gathering Storm is out - what you think it will happen ... Will Firaxis came out and say "This is it guys, no more mayor Civ 6 content ... but we will release some patches" ... will they remain silent, or say we have in plan to future support game or something like that

15. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Probably stay silent until either a 3rd expansion or DLC or the Complete Edition is announced.

Inawordyes, Kjimmet, bbbt and 3 others like this.
  16. DefiantMars

DefiantMars Chieftain

Bite your tongue, or I’ll be forced to deploy the LEV Destroyers!

I wonder if there would be a Clean and Dirty version of each Future era unit or not?

AvianBritish and Siptah like this.
  17. Gen.Washington

Teddy should get a bonus to constructing canals, every canal he makes eradicates a disease

18. The googles do nothing

The googles do nothing Chieftain

I wonder if the "global warming and climate change" mechanics will have any effect on natural wonders. Right now the game encourages plopping a city right next to wonders. IRL any natural wonders close to population centers will be mined or logged or poluted and loose what made them wonderful.

19. Corozivu

Corozivu Chieftain

I read in the features thread that from now on you need animal husbandry to reveal horse tiles on the map. Im wondering how would that affect the horseman from barbie camps if within 5 hexes away from a horse tile. And since military units need specific amounts of strategic resources(to build and for some to maintain ) does that mean that barbarian camps have a limited output now ?(probably not but my mind wonders :) )

WorldWarIV, WillowBrook and bite like this.
  20. Boris Gudenuf

Boris Gudenuf Warlord

Since the game Barbarians are rather obviously a deus ex machine mechanism to make up for the complete lack of competition from a competent AI Civ, I doubt that they will handicap them by limiting any of their units with resource requirements - the current Horse 'requirement' is pretty loose: I've seen camps in and entirely surrounded by rain forest still spawn horsemen and horse archers because there was a single horse resource on the other side of the forest.

Guandao, Leathaface, Kjimmet and 2 others like this.