1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Gathering Storm General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

At least the farms in your area will be fertile.
    Good thing about living on the coast is I only have to worry about hurricanes and melting polar ice caps raising the sea level.

2. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

Where is this in the video? I don't remember him getting a request to move. I'd like to check it.

3. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

Has anyone made a complete guess on all uniques and abilities for the remaining 7 civs yet?

4. Hakan-i Cihan

Hakan-i Cihan Emperor

Funny thing is, there is actually a unit list. I suppose you do not find it good enough? I would sure hope it would be enhanced more intuitively and more functional.

SammyKhalifa likes this.
  5. CivLuvah

CivLuvah Emperor

So.... who do you guys think is going to be next in the first look this week?

6. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

Hawke9 likes this.
  7. Cerilis

Cerilis Not Warlord

I actually dont remember now. I tried to find it last night but didn't. I'm pretty sure I saw it though, with the options being half blocked by the developers, but there clearly were only two. It was also very brief since Carl clicked it away.
    I think it was Jadwiga, but theoretically it could even be possible it was in the other stream. I'm pretty sure I didnt imagine things though!

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  8. CivLuvah

CivLuvah Emperor

9. darkace77450

darkace77450 Emperor

Regarding the unique governor: do you think it will deviate from the art style used for R&F's governors? If the governor is based off a real person then a caricatured portrayal of that person might not go over well.

10. thecrazyscot

thecrazyscot Spiffy

The leaders are all caricatures and despite some minor moaning here and there on the whole people don't seem to care.

11. comatosedragon

comatosedragon Emperor

:mischief:fixed

12. Giskler

Giskler +1 Sleuthing

All the leaders in the game are caricatures, I don't see a problem with a governor based on a real person.

13. AriochIV

AriochIV Colonial Ninja

I had to do a web search to figure out what you mean... holy crap, that's an unintuitive place to put a unit list. I think I stumbled across that once by accident, but long since forgot it was there in the long time I stopped playing before R&F. What an abysmal UI design. At least it's usable (unlike the city report), even though you'd never know it was there.

14. bbbt

bbbt Deity

That scroll select list is a little useful (despite having to scroll through all the traders), but I much prefer a "unit screen" style like in older games (I use better reports mod which has that).

I would find that 'scroll select list' useful for jumping to a city by name, but they didn't implement it there.

Hakan-i Cihan and Meluhhan like this.
  15. darkace77450

darkace77450 Emperor

Obviously, but the features of the governors are more exaggerated than those of the leaders. And while I don't personally have a problem with the way the governors look, there was no shortage of displeasure being voiced on the Civilization subreddit after they were revealed.

16. Morningcalm

Morningcalm Keeper of Records

Indeed, and in these forums there was no shortage of displeasure either, including from me. I don't find the governors to have distinct personalities in any event, so I find the use of cartoony graphics and sometimes anachronistic or otherwise ill-suited governor names annoying and unnecessary.

warpyg likes this.
  17. racha

racha Warlord

I would have thought they'd make the unique governor another generic one, with a hint of whatever Civ it's unique to. Did I miss something to the contrary? Keeping track of all the new info is a full-time job.

18. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

It really depends on the civ, I think. We have no info yet. If the Ottomans get the unique governor, it might be a generic governor named "Pasha". If Sweden gets it, for example, it might as well be a certain historical person (Axel Oxenstierna).

19. darkace77450

darkace77450 Emperor

There's been no confirmation one way or the other, but there's been speculation that it might be a historical advisor. If it is a generic advisor/governor then they missed an opportunity to give Persia satraps.

Alexander's Hetaroi and Weraptor like this.
  20. racha

racha Warlord

That's fair. IMHO they'll go with generic regardless of which civ for the sake of consistency.