1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Gathering Storm General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Nov 20, 2018.

1. AriochIV

AriochIV Colonial Ninja

I have the changes summarized here:
    http://well-of-souls.com/civ/civ6_gatheringstorm.html#governors

Guess I can just cut and paste with the new forums:
    • Magnus the Steward - "Enterprising and capable, Magnus is able to procure valuable resources when needed. He is also quite skilled in optimizing the overall Production in the city."
      • Groundbreaker: +100%+50% yields from plot harvests and feature removals in the city.
      • Surplus Logistics: +20% Growth in the city. Your Trade Routes ending here provide +2 Food to the starting city.
      • Provision: +20% Production toward Industrial Zone buildings in the city. Settlers trained in the city do not consume a Population.
      • Industrialist: +1 Production per turn from each Strategic resource in the city. Increases the Power provided by each resource of the Coal Power Plant, Oil Power Plant, and Nuclear Power Plant by 1 and the Production by 2.
      • Black Marketeer: Strategic resources are not required in the city to build resource dependent units costs for units are discounted 80%.
      • Vertical Integration: This city receives Production from any number of nearby Industrial Zones, not just the first.
    • Liang the Surveyor - "An expert in efficiency, Liang is skilled in all things related to building and construction. An expert planner, she can also supervise the development of custom improvements in the city."
      • Guildmaster: All Builders trained in the city get +1 build charge.
      • Infrastructure: +30% Production towards City Center and Government Plaza buildings.
      • Zoning Commissioner: +30%+20% Production towards constructing Districts in the city.
      • Reinforced Materials: This City's improvements, buildings, and districts cannot be damaged by Environmental Effects.
      • Aquaculture: The Fishery unique improvement can be built in the city on coastal plots. Yields 1 Food, +1 Food if adjacent to a sea resource.
      • Water Works: +2 Housing for every Neighborhood and Aqueduct district in this city. +1 Amenity for every Canal and Dam district in this city.
      • Amusement: +30% Production towards Entertainment Complex and Water Park buildings in the city.
      • Parks and Recreation: The City Park unique improvement can be built in the city. Yields 2 Appeal and 1 Culture. +1 Amenity if adjacent to (lake or ocean).
    • Victor the Castellan
      • Redoubt: Increases city garrison Combat Strength by +5. Establishes in 3 turns.
      • Garrison Commander: Units defending within the city's territory get +5 Combat Strength. Your other cities within 9 tiles gain +4 Loyalty per turn towards your civilization.
      • Defense Logistics: City cannot be put under siege. Accumulating Strategic resources in this city gain an additional +1 per turn.
      • Embrasure: City gains an additional Ranged Strike per turn. Military units trained in this city start with a free promotion that do not already start with a free promotion.
      • Security Expert Arms Race Proponent: 30% Production increase to all nuclear armament projects in the city.
      • Air Defense Initiative: +25 Combat Strength to anti-air support units within the city's territory when defending against aircraft and ICBM's.
    • Amani the Diplomat
      • Messenger
      • Emissary
      • Prestige Local Informants: (Reduces effectiveness of enemy Spies in City-State)
      • Affluence
      • Promoter Foreign Investor
      • Puppeteer
    • Moksha the Cardinal
      • Bishop
      • Grand Inquisitor
      • Divine Architect
      • Laying On Of Hands
      • Citadel of God
      • Patron Saint
    • Pingala the Educator
      • Librarian
      • Connoisseur
      • Researcher
      • Grants
      • Arms Race Proponent Curator
      • Space Initiative
    • Reyna the Financier
      • Land Acquisition
      • Harbormaster
      • Foreign Exchange Forestry Management
      • Tax Collector
      • Contractor
      • Curator Renewable Subsidizer

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  2. Giskler

Giskler +1 Sleuthing

Foreign Investor*

:)

3. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

Also, Magnus' groundbreaker ability was nerfed to 50% already in a patch.

rattatatouille likes this.
  4. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

Meh, a lot of people go on about his appearance, but I don't think he's all that great, or his hair is all that great. I'll stick with my avatar since you can see my house in my avatar. (if you zoom in really close...)

Leyrann, Zaarin and Kimiimaro like this.
  5. OmegaDestroyer

OmegaDestroyer King

I am curious to see if and how Moksha will be changed. Unless going for a religious victory, the guy is absolutely worthless.

darkace77450 likes this.
  6. Giskler

Giskler +1 Sleuthing

Looks like no changes to the promotions he gets, but they could have been tweaked.

7. Trav'ling Canuck

Trav'ling Canuck Deity

I predict he'll be about as popular as Alex the Surfer, snazzy blue tunic notwithstanding.

Zaarin likes this.
  8. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

Now I'm less excited about that one. Foreign Invasion sounded cool. :sad:

9. bbbt

bbbt Deity

Interesting, seems like she'll be buffing forest some how, maybe as another attempt to balance against chopping.

Or maybe it's just something boring like being able to plant forests earlier.

Edit: Also it looks like the changes to Liang mean you can some benefit from her by just leaving in her one city versus having to move her all the time to build something, so that's a plus from my "not wanting to have to constantly manage the governors" perspective.

10. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

It could be a bonus to lumber mills, or added appeal from woods. Or something like that.

darkace77450, bbbt and WillowBrook like this.
  11. Giskler

Giskler +1 Sleuthing

Spoiler :

Is this Carl the QA guy™ playing with Ed?

Edit: Nevermind, I found Carl the QA guy™ on Twitter:

Kimiimaro likes this.
  12. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

IMO, Matthias is much better looking than Surfer Dude. But I'm not interested in having him as my avatar. :p

Kimiimaro likes this.
  13. Alexander's Hetaroi

Hoping it does something with rainforests too.
    Since she's the financier what about lumber mills granting gold?

WillowBrook likes this.
  14. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

The above person playing with Ed is @FXS_MisterKevin

Kjimmet and Kimiimaro like this.
  15. Haig

Haig Deity

Tell her that you have decided to stop celebrating Valentines day in a protest against American culture imperialism

16. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

Nevermind it was the English who defined Valentine's Day as a romantic day. :D But I know, we are always responsible for the evils of Capitalism. As I always say, it's a necessary evil.

Haig likes this.
  17. Alexander's Hetaroi

Honestly that might make the "Court of Love" for Eleanor more likely though I'm still betting it will be her ability and someone else is getting a unique infrastructure.

18. Zaarin

Zaarin Chief Medical Officer, DS9

He's useful just as a governor to stick in a city if you're using a policy/GP building that boosts cities based on governors or if you're Korea. :p

darkace77450 and Eagle Pursuit like this.
  19. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Deity

20. King William I

King William I Prince

So what are the odds Sulieman gets Roxalena as the unique governor?

oedali and VermelhoRed like this.