[GS] Gathering Storm Hall of Fame confusion

phantomksu

Chieftain
I am totally lost on how this feature works (IE, how to populate it), aside from completing a brand new game.

I watched the stream with the Eleanor play, and Ed mentions at the end that if you have old saved games/files, you can "load them up and populate the Hall of Fame".....whatever that means?!

I have all my save files, and I have opened them in game and saved, exited, done another turn. Etc. Nothing ever shows up in the Hall of Fame. I am totally confused and lost. And yes I have gone down the different categories, etc. Nothing is in there, anywhere. I've opened scenario files, R&F files, standard game edition files. Notta. Nothing.

Also all my previously saved games all say "Victory Not Completeable" in the victory section, so I know that I have won them and they are completed.

Does anyone have any insight?

I am totally lost on how this feature works (IE, how to populate it), aside from completing a brand new game.

I watched the stream with the Eleanor play, and Ed mentions at the end that if you have old saved games/files, you can "load them up and populate the Hall of Fame".....whatever that means?!

I have all my save files, and I have opened them in game and saved, exited, done another turn. Etc. Nothing ever shows up in the Hall of Fame. I am totally confused and lost. And yes I have gone down the different categories, etc. Nothing is in there, anywhere. I've opened scenario files, R&F files, standard game edition files. Notta. Nothing.

Also all my previously saved games all say "Victory Not Completeable" in the victory section, so I know that I have won them and they are completed.

Does anyone have any insight?

I believe you have to load a save from before your victory then win it again for them to populate.

OH, wow. Yeah. I probably do not have one from right before I won for all those. No reason I would have thought to do that. :*(

Yes, I had saves from before and after I earned the victories, and I can confirm that saves from after you've won don't work. You need to load a save from before winning, then trigger the actual victory cinematic and end game screen in order for it to register in the HoF.

I actually tried reloading the last save I had from every vanilla and R&F game yesterday to complete this. For the most part it works just by finishing the playthrough again, but there are some issues

First of all it doesn’t always work with cultural victory upon reloading it seems. Numerous old saves failed to complete the game after my tourism surpassed the others despite starting the save before it and playing some extra turns after just in case. Furthermore many of my old saves used mods that I no longer have installed and/or have been reworked on the steam workshop and thus couldn’t be loaded up in the first place. All-in-all maybe 60% of my finished old games were actually possible to move over to the new Hall of Fame but the rest were all deadlocked

Last edited:
I believe you have to load a save from before your victory then win it again for them to populate.

Yeah. I was considering doing this (I haven't played too many games in total), but then realised I'd need to play from the save before the victory, which in many cases would be several turns out (slow lategame turns, at that). It's a nice idea, but no way am I wasting that time.

I actually tried reloading the last save I had from every vanilla and R&F game yesterday to complete this. For the most part it works just by finishing the playthrough again, but there are some issues

First of all it doesn’t always work with cultural victory upon reloading it seems. Numerous old saves failed to complete the game after my tourism surpassed the others despite starting the save before it and playing some extra turns after just in case. Furthermore many of my old saves used mods that I no longer have installed and/or have been reworked on the steam workshop and thus couldn’t be loaded up in the first place. All-in-all maybe 60% of my finished old games were actually possible to move over to the new Hall of Fame but the rest were all deadlocked

The thing the with cultural victory is that it triggers at the beginning of your turn. If you've saved after the trigger, it won't count for the HoF. You need a save game where you have less than the required number of tourists, so you can trigger it again.

In regard to mods, you might be able to download them again from places like this website or github (or even from the workshop I think) and put them in the Mods folder. You actually just need the .modinfo file from the mod, doesn't matter if the mod is broken or not updated. I managed to register games on HoF from back in vanilla where I used the old CQUI (before the Community version). When I put the whole mod, my games were broken and I could not finish them, but putting just the cqui.modinfo file worked like a charm.

The thing the with cultural victory is that it triggers at the beginning of your turn. If you've saved after the trigger, it won't count for the HoF. You need a save game where you have less than the required number of tourists, so you can trigger it again.

In regard to mods, you might be able to download them again from places like this website or github (or even from the workshop I think) and put them in the Mods folder. You actually just need the .modinfo file from the mod, doesn't matter if the mod is broken or not updated. I managed to register games on HoF from back in vanilla where I used the old CQUI (before the Community version). When I put the whole mod, my games were broken and I could not finish them, but putting just the cqui.modinfo file worked like a charm.
Yeah I’ve kinda figured as much myself too but I’m not sure it’s worth the effort for something that doesn’t really have much importance anyway. As long as my GS games are registered properly that’s enough for me. Older stuff is a bit irrelevant and not comparable with new games regardless

Top Bottom