[GS] Gathering Storm is out for the iPad

Aw, beat me to it. Downloading the update now on my iPhone, myself.

I run the game smoothly on my iPhone 6s but just noticed that the minimum model listed for CivVI is iPhone 7. Has that always been true, or was my phone made obsolete by this update?

Warning: a bunch of people over on reddit (including me) had all their DLC made unavailable by the update, and are stuck in an endless “update your DLC” loop.

Also warning: installing Gathering Storm will disable large and huge maps on some supported devices (e.g. the 2018 iPad).

This is happening to me and I didn't even get GS. It is giving me the DLC issue, so I cant load cloud saves.

I guess I'm glad I have a game in progress so I'm not tempted to download the update. And I was expecting it might show up today since it's also release day for the PS and XBox versions.

I am relived that Im not only with this issue. But gaah...just updated the app in App Store not knowing anything about this.

Now I can’t access my ongoing game with Wilhelmina, about turn 270 and I great fight for my first CV on Emperor :(

Hope this is resolved before the weekend.

I run the game smoothly on my iPhone 6s but just noticed that the minimum model listed for CivVI is iPhone 7. Has that always been true, or was my phone made obsolete by this update?

It’s always been that way.

Same issue here
Gathering storm installed and plays fine
But the DLC’s and Rise and Fall installed but don’t show up in installed area or in the game itself although I did buy them before Gathering Storm ages ago
So my guess there’s an issue in the download

Same issue here
Gathering storm installed and plays fine
But the DLC’s and Rise and Fall installed but don’t show up in installed area or in the game itself although I did buy them before Gathering Storm ages ago
So my guess there’s an issue in the download
Do you have all the DLC when you play with GS? (As It should be)

Like the R&F-civs are available for games, even with the download issue not resolved?

Do you have all the DLC when you play with GS? (As It should be)

Like the R&F-civs are available for games, even with the download issue not resolved?

i own them but no when I play Gathering Storm they ain’t around also neither Rise and Fall Civs same issue
What is available right now in the game is the vanilla civs plus the Gathering Storm civs
To elaborate more every time after I fully updated and installed everything like DLC’s and Rise And Fall And Gathering Storm and played a little then closed the game the next time I launch the game I get at the beginning a message that I need to update all DLC’s and Rise and Fall

Last edited:
Aspyr needs to quickly solve this issue that many users are having since the Gathering Storm Was released last night

For the record I did buy Rise and Fall for $15. I like Gathering Storm, but I’m not sure I’m going to pay $40 a second time for it. $20 yes.

I paid the full price for R&F but i sure aint paying the full price for GS. I already own it all on PC i aint spending like £120 for it on my phone since the original game was about £40 also.

And every time they release an update it's a shambles, is no beta testing done?

Warning: a bunch of people over on reddit (including me) had all their DLC made unavailable by the update, and are stuck in an endless “update your DLC” loop.

Also warning: installing Gathering Storm will disable large and huge maps on some supported devices (e.g. the 2018 iPad).

Also, the first group of civilizations is missing in the civilization process.

All of my Civs are reinstalling , and it seems incredibly .s.l.o.w , assume there are lots of people updating at once

Top Bottom