Gay facing death in Iran being deported

his... ehm... crime is being a homosexual...

Well, yes, but it is illegal, and thus a crime, in the nation of which he is a citizen. Technically, he is a criminal. (Also, his crime, technically, is doing homosexual acts, not being homosexual.)

Small consolation, of course. Hardly makes it right.

Well, yes, but it is illegal, and thus a crime, in the nation of which he is a citizen. Technically, he is a criminal. (Also, his crime, technically, is doing homosexual acts, not being homosexual.)

i know that, but it is hardly an argument for saying "he's a criminal that has to be sent back"...

i know that, but it is hardly an argument for saying "he's a criminal that has to be sent back"...

It is a very good argument. He is a criminal under the laws of his country, and he should be sent back to face the charges. Imagine pedophiles from Europe asking for asylum in Iran. Would you be O.K. with that?

I realize this. I just like arguing semantics. He is a criminal in the strictest sense of the word, but shouldn't be extradited.

and i just wanted to point out what that "crime" really is for anyone reading the latest brain fart of pannonius without having read the OP article.

It is a very good argument. He is a criminal under the laws of his country, and he should be sent back to face the charges. Imagine pedophiles from Europe asking for asylum in Iran. Would you be O.K. with that?

apples and bananas... the key word is consent, my friend...

and i just wanted to point out what that "crime" really is for anyone reading the latest brain fart of pannonius without having read the OP article.

apples and bananas... the key word is consent, my friend...
From the legal point of view, it is the same. Both pedophiles in Europe and sodomites in Iran are criminals in their countries.
BTW. I always wondered why so many pedophiliac men preferes boys. It means they are not only pedophiles, but sodomites also. Is pedophilia more prevalent among sodomites? Are paraphilias connected in general?

From the legal point of view, it is the same. Both pedophiles in Europe and sodomites in Iran are criminals in their countries.

he has "a well founded fear of being persecuted for reasons of membership of a particular social group" and thus has to be granted asylum according to the un refugee convention.
in north korea it is illegal to speak up against the juche regime, anyone doing so would be considered a criminal. according to your argumentation this would be the "exact same thing from a legal point of view" and south korea would have to send him back.

he has "a well founded fear of being persecuted for reasons of membership of a particular social group" and thus has to be granted asylum according to the un refugee convention.
in north korea it is illegal to speak up against the juche regime, anyone doing so would be considered a criminal. according to your argumentation this would be the "exact same thing from a legal point of view" and south korea would have to send him back.
I speak from the legal view. But I also personaly believe that Europe has no need for an iranian sodomite. Let his government take care of him.
BTW. I have no problem sending back Koreans to their "daddy".:lol:

I speak from the legal view. But I also personaly believe that Europe has no need for an iranian sodomite. Let his government take care of him.
BTW. I have no problem sending back Koreans to their "daddy".:lol:

yeah, you speak "from the legal view". i'm sure about that. :lol::lol:

Small consolation, of course. Hardly makes it right.

So in your view if a North Korean is an enemy of the party for his views (a state criminal) UK should not grand him asylum and send him back?

yeah, you speak "from the legal view". i'm sure about that. :lol::lol:
Why is it so hard to understand that this person is a criminal under the iranian law (and he is a citizen of Iran).

Pannonious view is that any law should be ahered to, no matter hiow unjust. Look at his sig, the guy is obssesed with buggery.

So in your view if a North Korean is an enemy of the party for his views (a state criminal) UK should not grand him asylum and send him back?

No, they should grant him asylum. My view is that he is technically a criminal, not that he would deserve whatever punishment his country is to give him.

But I also honestly think that the UK should do what is best for them, not necessarily him, though the two may prove to coincide - let us hope. (Standing on principle may be good for them, after all.)

Pannonious view is that any law should be ahered to, no matter hiow unjust. Look at his sig, the guy is obssesed with buggery.

You are right for the first part. Fiat justitia et ruat caelum.
The link in my sig is specific to a certain thread. It is outdated, so I should replace it shortly. I wasn't here for few days, so I couldn't do it before.

Top Bottom