1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Gay marriage Debate: Karl Rove vs. schoolgirl

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by JollyRoger, Feb 13, 2008.

1. JollyRoger

JollyRoger Slippin' Jimmy Supporter

Get this girl a White House press corps pass, because she is much tougher than 90% of the lamestream media:

http://www.courant.com/news/local/hc-rove0212.artfeb12,0,812860.story?page=2

2. sonorakitch

sonorakitch Overseas hunter

That is awesome.

Although I do like Karl Rove, she really unspun him.

~Chris

3. Godwynn

Godwynn March to the Sea

Is she butch?

Is that the girl that beat up Rove as a child that made him become a Republican? (true story)

4. Narz

Narz keeping it real

Heh, awesome. :D

5. JollyRoger

So what is the threat, since Rove apparently couldn't come up with one?

6. skadistic

skadistic Caomhanach

The threat is to the christians who think this is a chistian nation and that all people should be beholden to their christian dogma. In short its a threat to their power over others.

7. GoodSarmatian

GoodSarmatian Jokerfied Western Male

God will rain fire and brimstone on America, just like He destroyed Sodom and Amsterdam.

8. countrygrl

countrygrl King

i'm so jealous.

how i would have loved to have been there. how i would have loved to upstage rove.

i would have also added, "mr. rove, how can homosexuals going to throw out 5000 years of marraige when heterosexuals have already done it?"

9. The Yankee

The Yankee The New Yawker Retired Moderator

And the terrorists will win!

We have NEW Amsterdam! :D

10. Ansar

Ansar Détente avec l'été

She rules :goodjob: .

11. GenMarshall

GenMarshall High Elven Ghost Agent

New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    Quite insane...

More insane than Rove trying to Rap.

12. WillJ

WillJ Coolness Connoisseur

It's slightly less awesome that she was a high school senior, because the word "schoolgirl" was making me picture a hilariously brilliant nine-year-old.

13. cubsfan6506

cubsfan6506 Got u

My question would read like this, "Would you be willing to say on a lie detector that the Bush admnistration took measures to unfairly insure a Bush victory in Florida in 2000 or Ohio in 2004." It's amazing how nobody ever asks them this.

14. JtheJackal

JtheJackal Emperor

I was slightly disappointed about it being a high school senior versus what I imagine a schoolgirl to be.

15. The Yankee

MC Rove 4 Lyfe!

Like that one that was with President Bush when he tried to make that Social Security push?

But I'm curious, and maybe I'll have to check the article again, but how exactly did gay marriage come up? Even if Rove didn't believe in it, I don't think he was really in a position to push his views on this administration. Not on this, anyway.

16. Homie

Homie Anti-Lefty

The threat of gay marriage is that gay marriage is really gay. And gay is bad and gut-wrenchingly disgusting.

Seriously though, the argument could be made that it is a threat to the institution of family, which has been the cornerstone of our societies and economies for as long as history has been recorded. Family being a man, woman and what can be naturally produced by their union, children.
    Sadly I think this argument will mean nothing to you, so I offer you another one:
    If we allow gay marriage, it is inevitable that we allow them to adopt, which would be a threat to a natural, healthy upbringing of that child.
    I know that some will argue that gay parents can be just as good parents, blah, blah. To you I say that a child needs both a father and mother's touch and influence for an optimal upbringing.
    Please do not bring fringe, odd-case scenarios as an attack on my argument, such as:
    "Well, what if a woman loses her husband to cancer while their child is only 1 years old. Should the government then take away her child because the child has no father in it's life?"
    Always in these debates on social issues the left always brings up these odd cases, the exceptions, in order to support their argument. Anyway, the argument stands.

17. Harbringer

Harbringer Your A One Flower Garden

were talking about legalizing gay marriage, not banning heterosexual marriage.

18. Godwynn

Godwynn March to the Sea

Okay, how about a common exception. The parents divorce and one parent gets custody.

:)

19. The Yankee

Heterosexual people haven't exactly done much for holding up the family lately. What with out-of-wedlock rates and divorces and all....

20. JollyRoger

Gay adoption is already legal in most jurisdictions, so that part of your imagined slipperly slope doesn't really exist anymore. Your argument fails on grounds different than you anticipated.