GDG's Builder Can Boost All Wonders in Every Era

GDG's Builder Can Boost All Wonders in Every Era 1.5.7

gelodgreat

Prince
gelodgreat submitted a new resource:

GDG's Builder Can Boost All Wonders in Every Era - Builder Can Boost All Wonders in Every Era

Allows China to Wonder Boost every wonder in every Eras.

If you have any request please share it so i can work on id :D

Note:
  • In the screenshot below I use the mod with SuperOP mod that I created which makes the Eiffel tower completed instantly.
  • If you found any bugs please report it to me.

Installation: Extract to C:\Users\Username\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods

Credits to: @NycholusV...

Read more about this resource...

I don't want to sound disparaging. But why not just do what you did with your "Road" mod, and just give it to all civs from installation? This might make it easier for those afraid or unable to edit the .sql file.

I don't want to sound disparaging. But why not just do what you did with your "Road" mod, and just give it to all civs from installation? This might make it easier for those afraid or unable to edit the .sql file.

if i give that ability to all civ it might cause some changes in AI Behaviour

so I was trying to customize it a little. I changed TRAIT_GDG_UWB_MId, but it didn't have any effect on the percentage built per charge. Is that not what this value does or do I need to adjust something else as well?

so I was trying to customize it a little. I changed TRAIT_GDG_UWB_MId, but it didn't have any effect on the percentage built per charge. Is that not what this value does or do I need to adjust something else as well?

you need to change the 15. The 15 is the percentage of wonder boost

Sorry if I was unclear. That is what I did. I changed the 15 to 20, so that a wonder could be built with only two builders, but when I loaded my game the percentage increase per charge used was still 15. I also changed the nation affected by the mod (from Russia to Japan) and reloaded the game again, to make sure that the reloaded game actually checks the file for modifications, and it did (hopefully that made sense...).

In the long term, I might consider trying to change it so that it starts higher (maybe even 25) but decreases by era, to account for the skyrocketing construction costs of wonders (as a side note, I edited my game so that builders cost remains constant, so the become really easy to build in the late game). But I will need to become a lot smarter on this before I do something like that!

Sorry if I was unclear. That is what I did. I changed the 15 to 20, so that a wonder could be built with only two builders, but when I loaded my game the percentage increase per charge used was still 15. I also changed the nation affected by the mod (from Russia to Japan) and reloaded the game again, to make sure that the reloaded game actually checks the file for modifications, and it did (hopefully that made sense...).

In the long term, I might consider trying to change it so that it starts higher (maybe even 25) but decreases by era, to account for the skyrocketing construction costs of wonders (as a side note, I edited my game so that builders cost remains constant, so the become really easy to build in the late game). But I will need to become a lot smarter on this before I do something like that!

you need to start a new game so it will work.

I've noticed that on the loading screen this mod takes over the text slot for the unique civilisation/leader ability/trait even though it doesn't actually replace or over-right the ability/trait. I don't believe that this was intentional but it does make the slot come up a bit messy. Maybe something that can be cleaned up with the next update? Love having this option with which to string my civilisation's bow, thank you for making the mod to allow it.

Edit: It does not in fact replace the original ability/trait text but is in fact appearing underneath it, but it is messy insofar as it shows technical text rather than a clean blurb about the ability/trait if that makes sense; the kind of text that you expect to see as a code line in a sql or xml file rather than as an actual brief prose style caption of what the ability allows.

Last edited:
do I need to start a new game for this mod to work ?
or - how do we quickly test if the mod is working ? without playing a new game and waiting for turn 200

thanks

P.S.
right under my nose, in the Menu >> Mods in use...

for other having the same question, you NEED to start a new game to take advantage of it

Last edited:
Hi, appreciate some guidance on changing the civilisation name and charge value. I changed the civilisation name to India and charge value to 25 in the sql file and started a new game. But it does not work. Builder is not able to boost/complete the wonder build. Appreciate if could upload a pic on an edited sql file highlighting the required field to change.

Hi, appreciate some guidance on changing the civilisation name and charge value. I changed the civilisation name to India and charge value to 25 in the sql file and started a new game. But it does not work. Builder is not able to boost/complete the wonder build. Appreciate if could upload a pic on an edited sql file highlighting the required field to change.

you should just change CIVILIZATION_JAPAN to CIVILIZATION_INDIA in Line 10

Hi, Gelogreat, I changed line 10 to "Civilisation_India" but still the mods does not work. Is there anything I am missing to edit in the file. Appreciate your guidance/help.

Hi,Gelogreat, I still does not work although I indicated as 'CIVILIZATION_INDIA'. I tried playing as Japan with original mods, and it works. However, after changing, it does not work. Anything that is missed out.

Thank you very much for making this mod, I have been using it for months.
However I can't seem to make it work with Alexander's Macedon.
I have tried both 'CIVILIZATION_MACEDON' and 'CIVILIZATION_MACEDONIA' but it always comes back to main menu when attempting to start a game.
Is there a possible fix for this? TIA!

Thank you very much for making this mod, I have been using it for months.
However I can't seem to make it work with Alexander's Macedon.
I have tried both 'CIVILIZATION_MACEDON' and 'CIVILIZATION_MACEDONIA' but it always comes back to main menu when attempting to start a game.
Is there a possible fix for this? TIA!

No problem. Im going to fix this tomorrow when i hot home.

Top Bottom