Gedemo's civilizations

Gedemo's civilizations

These are awesome! Are you making more of these? And would you be at all willing to take orders for specific ideas?
I've some civs in the making but i'm very limited in coding and I'm a bit short of idea. You will maybe be happy to know that I'm actually working on a Tahitian civ, and I see in your list Apanuugpak that is also on my to-do-list but leading the Yupik. Thanks for your comments

Bonjour Gedemo,

Merci pour tes mods civ qui ajoutent de la variété au gameplay. J'avais juste une question : dans mes plays, beaucoup de tes leaders ont l'agenda "missionnaire de la paix". Est-ce normal ? Pour certaines civilisations, cela paraît un peu bizarre : je pense notamment à Attila ! Au pire, y a-t-il un fichier texte que je pourrais modifier pour changer cela ?

Sinon super boulot ! J'attends avec impatience ton mod tahitien.

In english, in case someone have the same problem as mine.

Hello Gedemo,

Thanks for your civ mods that add variety to the gameplay. I just had a question: in my plays, many of your leaders have the "missionary of peace" agenda. Is this normal? For some civilizations, it seems a bit weird: I think about Attila! Is there a text file that I could edit to change that?

Otherwise great job! I am looking forward to your Tahitian mod.

Bonjour Gedemo,

Merci pour tes mods civ qui ajoutent de la variété au gameplay. J'avais juste une question : dans mes plays, beaucoup de tes leaders ont l'agenda "missionnaire de la paix". Est-ce normal ? Pour certaines civilisations, cela paraît un peu bizarre : je pense notamment à Attila ! Au pire, y a-t-il un fichier texte que je pourrais modifier pour changer cela ?

Sinon super boulot ! J'attends avec impatience ton mod tahitien.

In english, in case someone have the same problem as mine.

Hello Gedemo,

Thanks for your civ mods that add variety to the gameplay. I just had a question: in my plays, many of your leaders have the "missionary of peace" agenda. Is this normal? For some civilizations, it seems a bit weird: I think about Attila! Is there a text file that I could edit to change that?

Otherwise great job! I am looking forward to your Tahitian mod.

Merci pour ce retour d'expérience. Je te remercie de m'avoir signalé le cas d'Attila (que je vais corriger très rapidement, car effectivement cela est peu crédible). En effet, je fais habituellement surtout des civilizations non-européennes et plutôt des peuples en général moins avancés. Il sont par défaut environnementaliste et pacifique mais je vais les passer en revue et faire attention à l'avenir ;-) Merci pour ce message positif, je suis plutôt habitué à recevoir des critiques salées sur steam, donc tes encouragements ont d'autant plus de valeur! Merci encore.

Thanks for your feedback, I will fix Attila pretty soon and have a look on my leaders to see if there are other cases like that. Thanks for this positive comment!

Merci de ta réponse ! Je pense que souvent les gens postent parce qu'ils ont un problème. D'ailleurs, je l'ai moi-même fait à cause d'Attila le pacifiste :lol:. Ca n'empêche pas de dire au passage qu'on aime bien le reste en général.

Sinon pour les agendas, les joueurs craignent peut-être qu'il y ait trop d'IA pacifiste. Peut-être que d'autres agendas comme "Barbarian Ally", "Cultured", "Devout" ou "Fun-loving" pourraient leur convenir ?

Thanks for your answer. Perhaps there someother agendas that are possible for native civilizations : "Barbarian Ally", "Cultured", "Devout" ou "Fun-loving" ?

[USER = 145207] [USER = 145207] [USER = 145207] [USER = 145207] @Gedemo [/ USER]
Your MODs are among the best on Steam IMNSHO !!!

As you can see, I think it's a good thing to be positive as possible, because of the work that people do on their MODs!
-Jeff

Last edited:
Gedemo, I'm playing with the Yup'ik - having a blast and really enjoying this civ. But I am getting +10(!!!) instead of +2 culture from plantations and camps on other continents. It's a nice surprise, but I assume unintended.

EDIT: using Resourceful mod, so perhaps a conflict with that?

Last edited:
yes, they are all compatible with rise and fall.

The only things missing are some custom historic moments pictures for unique buildings and units. It doesn't affect gameplay because there is an empty placeholder.
Okay. I do have some trouble with a few of them, so I guess there are some conflicts I'll have to dig out. I have liked your civs so far.

Tairona: Cuchacique's Leader ability (El Dorado) seems way too strong for the early game. 500g on turn 1 (each city founding) gives you an immediate Monument and 2 units if you want. Perhaps make the city of gold benefits spread out more.

How about something like:
Your Districts gain +gold equal to their adjacency bonus. Your Mines and Quarries gain +1g on Bonus or Strategic resources and +2g on Luxury resources. Your Wonders gain a standard Gold adjacency bonus for Districts and a major Gold adjacency bonus for Natural Wonders and other Wonders. Gain 50g per era for completing a Wonder (the era of the Wonder, not the era it is completed).

This would give them the ability to produce tons of gold, but in a way that requires a little more planning and isn't so unbalanced at the beginning of the game. The numbers could be tweaked a bit, because even this could be unbalanced.

Hi gedemo, Amazing work

But have a way to downloand all theses civilizations instead of steam? Could u make a way?

And inca,Aztecas and Mayas are you going to make then? I Think a lot of people enjoyed of playing with then on civ5 but its missing here

And did u think the Attila civilization could be more agressive? Since they was a brutal and amazing conquerers

Gedemo, I'm playing with the Yup'ik - having a blast and really enjoying this civ. But I am getting +10(!!!) instead of +2 culture from plantations and camps on other continents. It's a nice surprise, but I assume unintended.

EDIT: using Resourceful mod, so perhaps a conflict with that?

This Yupik +10 culture is all my fault because it was a "big" testing value to see if the code works corrctly. I'd just forget to lower it. Thank you for notice it!

Found the conflicts:
Resourceful conflicts with: Koryak
Realistic Water Mill conflicts with: Maasai
Loaded Districts conflicts with: Marajoara

And one editing error (I think):
Noongar is giving me the Localization placeholder for the Nation trait and trait description.

EDIT: Bonus Conflict
Moar Units conflicts with: Huns

Indeed Koryak have a caviar unique resource , and there is a caviar resource in the Resourceful mod. I 've changed the name inside the code, i hope it is compatible now.

I've had some quality loss problems with icons. Now the quality loss is reduced when I change the size of them. All my civs have been recently updated with that.

All civs have now a basic historic moments (generally the cree's ones) for Rise and fall. I've found how to add custom historic moments so I will begin to add some.
Yanomami have now custom historic moments.

I've made a better and more clear (I hope) description of the modded civs on steam.

The papuan leader (the funny and scary Tiki like one) has been replaced by a more papuan like guy ;-)

You seem to have forgotten to change the messages for satisfying Songtsen's Agenda. It still says "Gandhi is pleased [...]".

Top Bottom