1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

geforce fx5650

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Technical Support' started by letitallbe, Oct 27, 2005.

1. letitallbe

letitallbe Chieftain

i haven't seen any mention of this card; has anyone tried the game with the fx5650??

2. Bal Ur

Bal Ur Chieftain

Well, I never even heard of that card until now, but my 5500, which must be very similar, runs it decently, besides the odd CTD every 30-120 minutes.

3. zbadger13

zbadger13 Chieftain

I am having no luck with my geforce 5600. New drivers directX9 etc. Game will now let me pick a tribe but hangs up on a partial earth view, black sky (space?) and stops there.

4. Ruffin

Ruffin Chieftain

Bal Ur - I'm using a geForce 5500 too, but it's lagging horribly after I meet neighboring leaders. 2.8g processor, 512 ram. Are you running into the same problems? Or is it really running smoothly until it crashes?

5. Umm241

Umm241 Chieftain

I have a Geforce FX 5500 and I do not have that problem. Though, I do start to lag after a set amount of time playing, but I don't believe that to be my 5500s fault.