[GEM 1.13.4/CivUP 2.5.2] - UI Error: Happiness Reading and Espionage

AnthonyG

Warlord
There have been a lot of reported issues with the UI infobar and incorrect readings or, at least, readings that change (or do not change) frequently thus giving incorrect information until a screen refresh or the end of a turn, so I thought I'd add this one formally.

- Screenshot 1: you can see my empire's happiness with breakdown
- Screenshot 2: I'm going to have a look at what the Mayans are up to via my spy
- Screenshot 3: here I'm looking at Palanque and as you can see my empire's happiness has dropped to 42:c5happy: from 102:c5happy:
- Screenshot 4: exiting espionage and returning to the game, the happiness is still at 42:c5happy:; no other readings have been affected
From the happiness breakdowns you can see that nothing has changed in the list except the total happiness (unhappiness is the same). Where the 'extra' 60:c5happy: has gone, I don't know - if 44:c5happy: is the happiness of the Mayans or it's been dropped from something else is unclear to me. Anyway, if you go into one of your cities, any city, the reading goes back to 102:c5happy:. I also don't know how fundamental any of this would be in terms of actual gameplay (e.g. underlying elements), but maybe it will be of some help in sorting out current issues with the UI.

(Note I realise that both happiness readings give incorrect totals as per the list, but maybe there are other factors at play, e.g. national vs local happiness [likely I suppose and I tend to lose track when my empire gets so big, heh], or the unreliability of the UI infobar and/or infoaddict [v.19; the only other mod I use] in general etc.).

Lua log attached.

[GEM 1.13.4/CivUP 2.5.2]

Attachments

• HappinessUIEspionage1.jpg
    HappinessUIEspionage1.jpg
    305.6 KB · Views: 62
  • HappinessUIEspionage2.jpg
    HappinessUIEspionage2.jpg
    353.6 KB · Views: 51
  • HappinessUIEspionage3.jpg
    HappinessUIEspionage3.jpg
    434.1 KB · Views: 36
  • HappinessUIEspionage4.jpg
    HappinessUIEspionage4.jpg
    323.4 KB · Views: 40
  • LuaHappinessUIEspionage.txt
    9.5 KB · Views: 82
Tihs is also happening for me on the UI Toolbar for culture and faith as well. The UI changes the amount per turn, erratically every turn - sometimes I have +72 faith per turn, the next +0, then +25 but it only gives me +2. Culture is experiencing the same thing.

Top Bottom