[GEM 1.9.1 / CivUP 2.0.50] Carrier "Merchant Raider" promotion

Puer

Warlord
Carrier "Merchant Raider" promotion does not make sense due carrier can't attack ;)

edit: similar situation with anti-aircraft gun with "siege" promotion. Also "blitz" promotion is kind of misleading... it's not taken into account in case of enemy aircraft is attacking twice.

I noticed also that enemy submarine occupied my city. Is it a bug or a (new) feature?
I expected that "hunter ship" type units (submarine, carrier etc) are like "archery units" and can only bombard.
Only melee type ships and land units can occupy, right?

Hunter ships include the earlier melee ships as well. Its Thal's way of identifying the melee ship line.

But the thing with the subs has been controversial. In part for this very reason (that people will not expect this sub behavior, among several other concerns). That is how they are intended to work, but I'd say it shouldn't be.

My own solution was to leave subs ranged (at 2, not 3 like vanilla) and add another modern melee ship instead.

Blocking the merchant raider promotion from carriers would require creating a new unit class specifically for carriers. I could do that, but carriers will no longer show combat animations when defending, since we cannot associate combat animations with new unit classes.

Blitz should reduce the attack damage of aircraft, like other ranged units. Is it doing so?

Melee (hunter) ships can capture cities. I think it's unrealistic for any ship to invade cities, but the capability for ships to do this does improve gameplay.

I see.. I can live with this idea (carriers and submarines can caputure cities) if this improve the gameplay :)

Anti-aircraft gun with Blitz did not show any animation during second aircraft attack, like it is in first attack.
Also enemy aircrafts were often shoot down (animation) during first attack... they were never shoot down if anti-aircraft gun already respond once during this turn (btw, I'm talking about a situation where anti-aircraft gun was not directly attacked but anti-aircraft gun were one or two titles away from title where battle occured).

Carriers actually cannot capture cities as they cannot attack.

Top Bottom