GEM 44 Civ map for ROM - Clash of Civilizations

Antmanbrooks

Prince
Ok, this is the mother of my GEM starter maps for ROM using the Clash of Civilizations civs!

You will need the CoC civs and leaderheads to play this map/scenario. It's compatible with RoM 2.92 and probably AND too.

I decided to place 44 of those new civs using a slightly updated version of the GEM map. I amended a couple of resources and added swamps and grassland where there used to be desert in a few regions.

The map starts in 6000BC with each of the following civs having 1 settler and 1 warrior.
  1. Canada
  2. USA
  3. Mexico
  4. Cuba
  5. Venezuela
  6. Brazil
  7. Chile
  8. Argentina
  9. England
  10. France
  11. Germany
  12. Spain
  13. Italy
  14. Greece
  15. Poland
  16. Sweden
  17. Russia
  18. Ukraine
  19. Turkey (Ottomans)
  20. Isreal
  21. Arabia
  22. Iran
  23. Morrocco
  24. Arab Union
  25. Egypt
  26. Nigeria
  27. Congo
  28. Mali
  29. Ethiopia
  30. South Africa
  31. Kazakhstan
  32. Afghanistan
  33. Pakistan
  34. India
  35. Tibet
  36. Burma
  37. China
  38. Mongolia
  39. Korea
  40. Japan
  41. Vietnam
  42. Phillipines
  43. Indonesia
  44. Australia

Just unpack to your Beyond the Sword/Mods/Rise of Mankind/Private Maps folder and you should be able to load the map as a scenario.

If you are having problems playing this map with AND it might be down to the following - you need to make sure you checked both of the following options when you installed AND;
  • Military Civics
  • Ideology Civics
If you didn't check both options then the game will say "you have been defeated" after loading.

If you don't want to re-install from scratch you can try opening the map script in notepad and delete the lines below, only delete CIVICOPTION_IDEOLOGY if you didn't load Ideology Civics and only delete CIVICOPTION_MILITARY if you didn't install Military Civics;

CivicOption=CIVICOPTION_MILITARY, Civic=CIVIC_BANDITS
CivicOption=CIVICOPTION_IDEOLOGY, Civic=CIVIC_NONE

If these lines don't currently exist, which they don't on downloading the map you might have to add them for each of the civs present.
View attachment 257482

If there any chance that that map would run under AND? I miss on the old map from genghis some of the resources. And 12 players more like the old map will be good;-)

If there any chance that that map would run under AND? I miss on the old map from genghis some of the resources. And 12 players more like the old map will be good;-)

It should run under AND as long as you have the Clash of Civilization pack too. Make sure you run the WOC installer after downloading and if you are having problems let me know. I'm not sure what you mean when you talk about 12 players though?

Well I've done a bit of playtesting and started a game as the Afghan's.

So far it's about 800 AD and I'm bloody loving this, though the turns are taking about 90 seconds each but still it's really good fun. Islam has spread from it's founding city in Pakistan as far East as the Phillipines and as far West as the balkans and after a protracted war with the Pakistani Empire I eventually conquered their capital Islamabad and Karachi (the Holy city) and that put a stop to their aggression.

Christianity was founded far ealier in Africa somewhere so it's not spread as far though most of Africa and Western Europe is Christian.

Buddhism was founded in Lhasa and has not spread very far or in any great volume, mainly due Tibet being fought over by the Indian Empire and Burma.

Further afield my maps are sketchy though the Eastern Empires of Japan and the Phillipines are the most succesful followed by France, India, Vietnam and myself and Pakistan then there is a bit of a gap as the smaller empires all managed to survive this far apart from Tibet which finally got conquered by Burma a few years back.

I thouroughly recommend this map if your PC can handle it, well worth a game.

Sad to say that i cant get this map to work, only getting the "you have been defeated error" i Can't find the lines above to edit, where should i look exactly ?

Please advise as this map makes me very intrigued :)

Isn't the maximum amount of Civs 50?
Why did you stop at 44 then? :D

Edit: Always get the "you have been defeatet" error when selecting custom szenario. If I take the predone one (where you can only chose the basics) it works. Unfortunately I dont want to have all winning conditions activated.

Top Bottom