Gender-fluid Vampires?

AriochIV

Colonial Ninja
I'm playing my first game with the Sanguine Pact, and when saving and reloading the game, I noticed that the appearance of my vampire was reset with each reload.

This may just be a fundamental issue with how the game engine works, but it's really disappointing if you want to treat each vampire like a distinct character, naming it, etc.

I'm playing my first game with the Sanguine Pact, and when saving and reloading the game, I noticed that the appearance of my vampire was reset with each reload.

This may just be a fundamental issue with how the game engine works, but it's really disappointing if you want to treat each vampire like a distinct character, naming it, etc.
That is disappointing. I hadn't noticed it yet, but that's probably because I play games with settings that are fast and easy so I generally have no reason to reload. I definitely like to customize in games and name my vampires.

I wonder if it isn't intentional maybe they could work on it and fix it in a patch?

I don't think that was intentional but idk how does the engine work. Perhaps some modder could elaborate?

Vampires can repair and bulldoze improvements? Whhaaaaaat?

nfp_builder_vampire.jpg

Yup, I had, I thought, cleverly used names from Colombian novel for my first 2 vampires with GC, Jose Arcadio and Colonel Aureliano. :mischief: Went back to the game and noticed the Colonel had become a female vampire. Ok, so I should have called him Orlando?

Build charge thing is weird too. I thought basically each vampire had 2 charges, and so you could use one to clear land if you wanted a castle in neutral territory. So when playing Sanguine Kupe one of my 2 castles got pillaged, I was very careful with my 3rd vampire to not use both charges when it arrived in the industrial era. So I have him plop a nice castle in my territory that had been cleared by a worker, and suddenly he has no charges. But when I clear the ruined castle suddenly my 2 older vampires each get an option to build a castle. I was sure at least one of them had used both charges if not both. So one of them went off to my uber castle site I had preselected and readied, and once that 3rd castle was built no charges on any of my vampires.

Weird, huh? Needs more careful observation.

Weird, huh? Needs more careful observation.
I don't have time to investigate further, but it may help you to know that the charges are granted via modifier rather than through the Units table like Workers, ME, Legion, & Toa. Also, the Sang Pact charge modifiers are granted when the governor is promoted. Two charges are granted at Level 2, one charge at Level 3, & one charge at Level 4.

I don't have time to investigate further, but it may help you to know that the charges are granted via modifier rather than through the Units table like Workers, ME, Legion, & Toa. Also, the Sang Pact charge modifiers are granted when the governor is promoted. Two charges are granted at Level 2, one charge at Level 3, & one charge at Level 4.

Well that explains why my industiral vampire had no charge after placing his castle. The fact that both my older vampires suddenly got the ability to re-install a castle when I cleared the ruined one is a really nice feature however it works.

Are you folks implying that the charges are global to ALL the vampires ? if you have 2, all vampires will show 2, then if you use one on a single vampire, all vampires will go down to showing 1 ???

Last edited:
Are you folks implying that the charges are global to ALL the vampires ? if you have 2, all vampires will show 2, then if you use one on a single vampire, all vampires will go down to showing 1 ???

I really need to check that. What I do know for sure:

-all my vamps had built castles, but one was pillaged and so I removed it
-then I had 3 vamps and 2 castles, only the ancient and medieval vamps got the option to place a castle,
-when back at three castles I have no build options on any vamps
-I did not keep track of charges used for clearing on the first 2 vamps and I did not notice the number of charges on my industrial vampire when it spawned
- I'm nowhere close to geting atomic era vampire in either Sanguine game I have
Almost done with work work so will update soon.

Charges...wish the castle dynamically updated its yields then :(

You can do this manually with a builder and a vamp anytime, I just discovered. Details in new thread.

Top Bottom