1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Gene Vault not working

Discussion in 'CivBE - Bug Reports' started by Veras, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Veras

Veras Chieftain

So today I was interested in spamming some cities in other islands, so the Gene Vault bonus of a free worker in every new city seemed great, except that in this particular game the new worker just wasn't happening when I found new cities.

Anyone else got this problem?

2. Ramalhão

Ramalhão Chieftain

Yes. It is not working after the last patch. Initially I thought it could have happened because I had a growing outpost while it had finished, but in another game there was not a single outpost and I was sure that it is not giving any new workers.

3. Gorbles

Gorbles Load Balanced

I've noticed this as well.

4. rawrkitty

rawrkitty Chieftain

It doesnt work for me at all, i've tried 5 different games and can confirm, no worker is given upon completion of a city or forming of a station.

5. cloudness

cloudness Chieftain

Confirmed as of v1.1.3. Really messes up my Daoming Sochua build order.

6. legalizefreedom

legalizefreedom Inefficiency Expert

Confirmed Borked.

7. nimling

nimling Chieftain

I wonder how long it will take for this one to be acknowledged?

Note that the Gene Vault has never worked as intended, being based on the broken code from communitas (and probably discovered from a nixed feature in Civ5 vanilla that was left buggy). It used to give workers whenever a new city was acquired, including conquest and city trades. How this happened I can only guess, but it is probably an easily preventable mess left unfixed due to shallow pigheadedness.

Moderator Action: The Bug Reports forum is NOT a general debate forum. Please confine posts within this forum to confirming bugs along with questions aimed towards reproducing them.
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

8. shinzai

shinzai Chieftain

Hi, sorry for the necroing but is still a bug?