General A New Dawn discussion

Hi, I have a suggestion:

In Total War mod, when you pass the mouse over continents and islands, the game gives you a name to that place, generated in the start of the game. Would be hard to add this feature?

In RAND, with the personalized map option enabled you have some signs giving you random names, but just to mountains and seas.

Also, this looks a bitty odd, because sometimes you have one ocean with two differents names.

This feature has added to civ vi too.

thanks.

Last edited:
Resource depletion

I've just had a thought, it may be an error or a cheat.

If you build a Mine/ Shaft mine/ Modern mine, Quarry, your resource will deplete and have a chance of running out.

Not a problem so far, apart from losing 5 Quarries on 1 TURN!!!!! :mad:

Build a fort/Bunker/Command Center on that resource, will it now DEPLETE over time, or do you now suddenly have an inexhaustible resource, that you can use till you lose control of that fort/bunker/command center.

Solution - IF resource depletion isn't enabled for forts/bunkers/command centers, enable it. If it is enabled, :goodjob:

Hi, I have a suggestion:

In Total War mod, when you pass the mouse over continents and islands, the game gives you a name to that place, generated in the start of the game. Would be hard to add this feature?

In RAND, with the personalized map option enabled you have some signs giving you random names, but just to mountains and seas.

Also, this looks a bitty odd, because sometimes you have one ocean with two differents names.

This feature has added to civ vi too.

thanks.
That would be nice. Not necessary but really nice idea :)
I don't like Personalized Map option either. It gives the map an odd look especially when zoomed out. Can be very frustrating and not fun at all.

Resource depletion

I've just had a thought, it may be an error or a cheat.

If you build a Mine/ Shaft mine/ Modern mine, Quarry, your resource will deplete and have a chance of running out.

Not a problem so far, apart from losing 5 Quarries on 1 TURN!!!!! :mad:

Build a fort/Bunker/Command Center on that resource, will it now DEPLETE over time, or do you now suddenly have an inexhaustible resource, that you can use till you lose control of that fort/bunker/command center.

Solution - IF resource depletion isn't enabled for forts/bunkers/command centers, enable it. If it is enabled, :goodjob:

IPEX,good thought:clap:.I don't know what's the exact situation with resource depletion but at least I know that it works.
Generally speaking, I build forts/bunkers/etc on resource tiles only out of my city radius.

IPEX,good thought:clap:.I don't know what's the exact situation with resource depletion but at least I know that it works.
Generally speaking, I build forts/bunkers/etc on resource tiles only out of my city radius.
Maybe forts and so should not give access to resources :rolleyes: If it's possible...

It's like a totally new game now that units cost 3x more. All those hours I dumped into getting better feel like a waste to be honest lol now that I have to re-learn the game.

It's like a totally new game now that units cost 3x more. All those hours I dumped into getting better feel like a waste to be honest lol now that I have to re-learn the game.

IMO the game is a bit harder now, but it might depend on gamestyle.

Early game is good so far actually. I just need to stay at one city longer then usual and delay going village hall, apiary, council and fire pit , spending 20+ turns on the first worker and first javalineer was a little strange but it quickly becomes faster.

In the old patch with expensive techs and old happiness modifiers I was forced to always go mythology path since it had happy bonus+tech diffusion.

Playing a game now and I've just reached the moment I can switch to monarchy. But the description is not exactly clear. In particular the part where it says + 1:mad: per 25% tax rate. Just what is meant by this? Is it referring to the amount of taxes that go into my gold stockpile or something else?

Basically, if you set your :gold: slider to 25%, you'll gain 1 :mad: in each city, and 2 :mad: if it's at 50%.

Last edited:
Basically, if you set your :gold: slider to 25%, you'll gain 1 :mad: in each city, and 2 :mad: if it's at 50%.
My :gold: slider? Is that something that you added that appears later in the game than? Because as far as I know in the original BTS there is no such slider. And I certainly don't see one on the screen now.

Like, I know that in regular BTS :gold: is just 100 - sum of all other sliders. Is that what you are referring to? Or like is there an actual slider that is going to show up for me at some point?

Last edited:
I see.... I definitively would not call that thing a slider though. It's not actually slidable. Anyway, thanks.

It shows up in city screen. It's a slider like the :science: slider.

It's more what's left over after setting your science, culture, and espionage sliders. All four sliders together add up to 100%. Whatever isn't being spent on science, culture, or espionage is your gold slider. That determines tax rate unhappiness.

2) Does Summer Palace act as a Palace when taking into account distance from capital? Does a city with SP actually behave like a second capital?
Acts as palace for maintenance, but not the Revolutions penalty "Distance from Palace".

Government center buildings, like Summer Palace, are supposed to halve the distance penalty from revolution for that city only. I don't see any calculations for distance to nearest government center instead of distance to capital.

The maintenance modifier of a city also affects its distance modifier, but I'm not sure if that counts effects like a nearby government center or only counts building effects like Courthouse.

Gentlemen, how can you limit the number of cities?
For example, having built 8 cities, not be able to create settlers.
You cannot limit Settlers that way. Civics can limit the number of cities a civ can settle but be warned:
  1. It is scaled for map size
  2. It is comulative. If you limit Tribal society to max 3 cities and Chiefdom to max 4 cities, you will start with a limit of 7 but when switching out of Chiefdom it goes down to 3. I'm not sure what happens if you already have more than 3 cities when changing civic.

Top Bottom