General chess.com talk

My username is Piman3141. I played a handful of games over the last couple of days, and I like how the games can be kind of stretched out. With a schedule like mine, it's nice to have that option.

Allright you're invited :)

Make sure to help on some of the upcoming vote/team matches!

How do I help? I don't think you guys want my help anyway, I'm still relearning this game.

Apparently, the members of ChessPark are now also members of Chess.com, cause their site was shutting down.

is chess.com now the biggest chess-site on the net?

i heard, they had issues with cheaters there (users with computer help).. what are they doing to thwart this problem?

Lately, I've been using Chess.com as a way to keep up with friends who aren't on Facebook.

i heard, they had issues with cheaters there (users with computer help).. what are they doing to thwart this problem?
I think it's in their FAQ. I don't worry about it much, I'm phasing out correspondence chess.

In my opinion cheating at chess.com is minimal compared to at other sites I've played at (mentioning no names *coughGAMEKNOTcough*) and their detection system seems pretty good. I've played over three hundred games there and only ever suspected two opponents of cheating. One of these was banned a few days later, the other still plays there so I guess I was probably wrong. There is also a cheating forum whcih you can join if you're worried and ask other people's opinions on the issue.

Somehow, amazingly, I got my Live Chess Bullet rating up to 1906 which is in the 99th percentile.

It's weird because for months it was fluctuating between 1600 and 1800 (even dropping below 1500) & yet in the last two days I got it up over 200 points. I've been exhausted & stressed out & can't imagine my thinking has been top notch but somehow I managed to break 1900. I wonder whether I'll drop back down just as fast...

I wanted to drop a word. I'm a trained chess player and been playing there for a while. It is good to throw your time away, but at least in 10 to 15 minute games rarely anyone plays by book. Is it otherwise in correspodence?

And nick is Emilyfairy. I'm usually playing 5 or 10 mins, range 1600+

I joined the 10th Chess.com Thematic Tournament that starts on Feb. 1 and I just won a game that put me barely over 1600. I honestly don't believe my rating should be that high, so I was hoping to stay in the 1401-1600 ranks. Now I'll be up against the 1601-1800 players. :eek:

Chess.com ID is ChessMarkstheSpot. Search the "Groups" and put in Chess.com/TV Group. That'll be me, Danny and David :-D

-Mark

In my opinion cheating at chess.com is minimal compared to at other sites I've played at (mentioning no names *coughGAMEKNOTcough*) and their detection system seems pretty good. I've played over three hundred games there and only ever suspected two opponents of cheating. One of these was banned a few days later, the other still plays there so I guess I was probably wrong. There is also a cheating forum whcih you can join if you're worried and ask other people's opinions on the issue.
Agreed, I feel the system is pretty well optimised to catch cheaters.

Top Bottom