General Forum Office of Domestic Policy

I'll heartily add my voice to the chorus of support for getting the Gems first. :thumbsup:

Also – I'd vote for the Library over the Barracks. But I really am a builder at heart – so I'm biased that way.
In support of the Library first, I'd point out that we are still roughly equal with Piffle in Power Score… so I don't see any immediate danger of an attack where every XP will count. The 3 extra units without the XP bonus can just be assigned to Police duties as they are released from Eternal Eye.
My two cents!
:salute:

EDIT: Coss-X with Dave... are you suggesting we forgo the Library AND the Barracks? :confused:

I see us building at least 2 workers and 2 settlers before we can seriously consider a Library.

With all the pop rushed axemen built while doing that, it makes sense to give them some experience. Hence the immediate barracks build.

ok - I see - so Barracks first, then work on 2 Settlers and Workers before diverting to finish the Library.

That makes sense to me.
Only wild card would be potentially losing the hammers already spent on the Library... anyone know when they start to go away?

In principle though, I do agree with Dave... Settlers and Workers are a bigger priority than a Library. If those are the next steps, then the Barracks needs to come first.

Ok not a problem was jsut throwing other ideas out there, but does anyone know for sure when we will start to lose some of those 34/90 hammers?

Because I don't like the idea of losing :hammers: :(

Also will the 3 turn cycle work the same even when we don't grow for the 1 turn ? (building settler / worker) I think it will since we already did a settler but am unsure

We have 50 turns before we start to lose hammers. If you can tell me when the decay starts I'll finish the library then. :)

At 5 population we can sustain a 3-turn cycle without growth for 1 turn. At 2 population we can't, which is another reason why I'm building the barracks.

We have 50 turns before we start to lose hammers. If you can tell me when the decay starts I'll finish the library then. :).

Turn 135 is when the Decay will start... :rolleyes: I sure hope we can be into the library by then. :lol:

Dave Would you Prefer that Every turn I adjust the :science: slider so we can get the highest :science: % each turn? or would you rather run in a +gpt for a couple of turns and then go back to %100 for a couple of turns?

If you really want to micromanage, try to give the capital a multiple of 4 beakers for the library bonus. :)

Hopefully we will get some cash from Piffle so we can run 100% again.

So I am guessing we are going back to the workboat?

Also putting the new citizen in Capital on the Plains Cottage?

Finally the 3rd Citizen in Immortal Keep Goes??

Qestion to the Team.

Looking at the pociture in the State of the Empire Term 6.

We see thaqt currently we are at 89/100 GP Points With 3 turns to Go on the GL.

At interutrn we go to 91/100 with 2 turns to go.

Basically we will get to 95/100 the turn the GL is completed. (and that turn we will get 8 more gp points thus putting us to 103/100.

Great! Everyone is thinking GL in 2 more turns Great Prophet 2 more turns....but wait... Right now the %'s are 6% Scientist and 94% Prophet.

With the GL being done on the turn before we throw in 2 more sources of GS points (The GL itself as well as 2 Scientists)

I am going to run a simulation today and let everyone know what it does to the odds.

(Incase you are wonderingwhy I care, if we don't get a Great Prophet here, it will be very hard to get this game.) Not to mention we will have a GS some 20 turns later :)

Hi,

With the GL being done on the turn before we throw in 2 more sources of GS points (The GL itself as well as 2 Scientists)
Nitpick: The GL and two scientists makes 3 more sources, not 2. ;)

if we don't get a Great Prophet here, it will be very hard to get this game.)
I agree, so I'd say let's delay completing the Great Library for a couple of turns until we have the prophet - I think we can risk that, given the head start we should have on the wonder.

-Kylearan

:agree: Getting that great Prophet is very important... even just a couple % points extra is too much risk imho.

Like Kylearan says, the risk of losing the GL is very very slight... so we should try to make our odds of getting a Great Scientist on our first pop equally slight.

:agree: Getting that great Prophet is very important... even just a couple % points extra is too much risk imho.

Like Kylearan says, the risk of losing the GL is very very slight... so we should try to make our odds of getting a Great Scientist on our first pop equally slight.

I'll have the numbers in a minute as I jsut posted "our current state" save :)

I don't like giving up 8 gpp and 6 beakers for a tiny chance at a great prophet. A scientist is more valuable than a prophet anyway in our current situtation.

I'm sure we will pop at least 4 more GPs from the capital, all with 25% chance of a prophet.

I don't like giving up 8 gpp and 6 beakers for a tiny chance at a great prophet. A scientist is more valuable than a prophet anyway in our current situtation.

I'm sure we will pop at least 4 more GPs from the capital, all with 25% chance of a prophet.

Very true I just ran the simulation and it makes a difference of 1%

So there is no point changing hte build order :)

:eek: Help :eek:

Workers need Orders :crazyeye:

Last Turn I was Free Lance With Peter Grimes and started to build a farm (I hate farms :lol: )

Small note on GP point generation:

I've read a Strategy Article that researched how GPPs accumulate. It's not just the number of sources, but also the number of turns of each source that matter.

So with 1 turn of 3 sources of science points, we're not substantially changing the odds of popping a Great Prophet.

Kudos to Kylearan :)

Top Bottom