General History

bgast1

Prince
I would like to get a very accurate, but general overview of the history of mankind from Adam and Eve, (if they were the first humans), their technology, beliefs, other cultural considerations up until present day. Is there such a single book available? Or can someone point me in the right direction. I don't want to go back to college and re-learn. But I am not against doing personal research.

I don't know about a single book, but if you want some easy to read books then you could look at Larry Gonick's history volumes.

Gonick is good, and quite lulsome. (He doesn't get it all right, though, but I suppose that's excusable in light of the fact that he was out to make entertainment.) National Geographic makes a Visual History of the World that's extremely accurate and very broad.

J.M. Roberts' Ancient history is probably what you're after, at least for the first part of the story. It's very good, starts with the evolution and spread of hominids, and takes things right up to the Renaissance, so the title is somewhat misleading.

I would like to get a very accurate, but general overview of the history of mankind from Adam and Eve, (if they were the first humans)
Are you looking for an history book? If not I suggest the Bible...

A short book might be J Bronowski's book 'The Ascent of Man'. It's not detailed, being only short, but it's good.

Durant's? even if it is a bit dated....

I would like to get a very accurate, but general overview of the history of mankind from Adam and Eve, (if they were the first humans), their technology, beliefs, other cultural considerations up until present day. Is there such a single book available? Or can someone point me in the right direction. I don't want to go back to college and re-learn. But I am not against doing personal research.

Get an english version of Quran/Koran. It has everything even before Adam/Even and goes about some of the big future events which are going to take place.

Read it with an open and clear mind. I have read it and it is impressive. I have cross examined it with other historical books as well.

Cheers

Get an english version of Quran/Koran. It has everything even before Adam/Even and goes about some of the big future events which are going to take place.

Read it with an open and clear mind. I have read it and it is impressive. I have cross examined it with other historical books as well.

Cheers
Yeah that Quran had loads on Chinese and American history.

By your description run a search on World History Grade 10 Student Book, 3rd Edition, I think you may find it's what you're looking for.

Top Bottom