General Inquiries; Uniques, Build Abilities, and Alien Mental Takeover

Enj0y

Chieftain
Preamble:

Spoiler :
So...I've been tearing thru these forums trying to find specific answers and have come up with many half answers and almost there's. The prevailing opinion seems to be that modding CivBE and RT are lost causes...but since it's the latest game, I figure I'll keep trucking.

Anyway, Lord Shadow got a sweet custom sponsor to work with RT with the Nuevos Aires Coalition. So naturally I downloaded it and used it as a template for a custom sponsor I'm working on. Works lovely, so thank for that Lord Shadow. The problem enters here...kingchris20 had some really cool ideas in the Stargate sponsor mod tweaking the load outs. But, of course, Firaxis reworked everything and it's incompatible with RT. I wanted to add elements of that mod into the new NAC-based expansion sponsor. Kind of like smashing NAC and Stargate together.

I've been able to add and edit load outs on the load out screen without issue. The colonist works, but the spacecraft and the cargo don't actually do anything once the game starts. I'm thinking this is because they both add unique buildings to my sponsor. One provides a unique orbital unit akin to kingchris20's AG3 and the other a modified Gunner (also unique). I don't know if the units work because I can't get the damn buildings to show up in game and they're required to get access them.

Questions:

First question, is it even possible to add "unique" buildings and units to RT like Civ5? kingchris20 figured it out for CivBE using a combination of the (no longer available) trait and the cargo/spacecraft load outs. I've done a fair share of modding on Civ5 so I thought it would be just the same or similar to that, but clearly I'm mistaken or making mistakes.

Second question, is it possible to add a build ability attached to a foreign policy? I.e. Marines gaining the ability to setup Expeditions or build roads like the Roman Legions in Civ5.

Finally, I want to make it so that an Explorer that has an alien unit on a leash doesn't just degrade health-wise, but will eventually become that unit. Probably far fetched, but I was going for a mental takeover type thing not unlike what happens in "Falling Skies".

That's it. Thanks for the thoughts and help in advance.

Top Bottom