General Politics the second: But what is politics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that's the last post. @Ziggy Stardust would you like to start the new thread?

Lmao surely nobody believes this

Oh I've no doubt that there are Democrats that don't much care about immigration from a social policy standpoint, but are in favor of immigration because they're mostly blue votes. Just like there are Republicans that don't much care about immigration from a social policy standpoint, but are opposed to it because they're mostly blue votes. I have an extreme dislike of both of those groups of people, because either way they're putting the good of their party above the good of their country.

Oh I've no doubt that there are Democrats that don't much care about immigration from a social policy standpoint, but are in favor of immigration because they're mostly blue votes. Just like there are Republicans that don't much care about immigration from a social policy standpoint, but are opposed to it because they're mostly blue votes. I have an extreme dislike of both of those groups of people, because either way they're putting the good of their party above the good of their country.

I would question the idea that immigrants are mostly blue votes. Immigrants tend to be more conservative than people who were born here.

Before Donald Trump came along and demonized them all, the RNC had done a soul-searching and resolved to court them on precisely that basis.

But then Donald Trump came along and demonized them all.

@Samson You are up for the new thread.

New thread is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom