General Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In fact, now that I'm inventing this genre, I think you'd always have some abrupt final comment, rushed in at the end more breathlessly than the previous pacing of the post, to dramatize that you are operating within the arbitrary bounds set by the medium.

This could be fun.

Oh, why not. I like mocking the mental capacity of twitter users. Have you ever stopped to think about why songbirds sing? What tweets are really saying? They either claim territory or attract mates. Basically, all tweeting can be summed as: "**** YOU!" or "**** ME?" An apt name.

Man invented helmet to translate barking dogs, he took it outside as a dog was chasing a passing car and heard the dog shouting HEY! over and over

The Congress is a type of parliament, and uses parliamentary procedure.

Perhaps, but that doesn't make it a parliamentary democracy due to the U.S. not having a separate Head of State, and Head of Government. The president is both and is not a member of the legislature, but rather a distinct branch.

In a parliamentary system, the head of state is usually a person distinct from the head of government. This is in contrast to a presidential system, where the head of state often is also the head of government and, most importantly, where the executive does not derive its democratic legitimacy from the legislature.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parliamentary_system#Americas

A presidential system, or single executive system, is a form of government in which a head of government (president) leads an executive branch that is separate from the legislative branch. This head of government is in most cases also the head of state.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presidential_system

I'm noticing a rather interesting phenomenon on the current transatlantic bout of political insanity - wokism. The conservative reaction to finally have come with effectiveness. The formats are rather media-savvy but repetitive, which leads me to suspect that there is some common organization behind it. Or perhaps just imitation?

In any case I've linked to one example against the woke thing a few days ago. Here's another. Notice the same model. It's interesting to notice for someone keeping up with the zeitgeist in politics.

This applies only to the US but its cultural influence spills over to the vassal states of course. I do believe that the high-water mark of phony political taking offense and wokism in the US has been reached and it's on the down-slope by now. But wasn't expecting an organized reaction quite so soon. It's just a suspicion mind you.

In Europe wokism has been shown as politically toxic come election time. The SNP failed to get the absolute majority it sought in Scotland. The french left crashed and burned to the point where Le Pen may very well be the next president and Melenchon finally woke up from his romance with islamic fundamentalists. In the UK labour keeps getting trounced by the conservatives. Germany is an exception, the woke greens will have their time in the sun, and screw up or course.

Speculation has hit commodities, btw. The transportation basis on corn in the corn belt is positive at the moment. We're 20 cents above the Chicago Board of Trade. There is none left for producers to sell, it is sold. I'm starting to worry about bubbles and bread riots, given.

Not surprised :( I was and am very much afraid there will be hunger worldwide. The poorer will be the ones suffering. Apparently rice is still plentiful this year. But when did plenty stop price speculation?
Unless governments - the governments of the rich countries - intervene to control and organize prices (and transportation, you're right) for food it's going to be a very bad year. And from what I've seen of governments in rich countries doing about this pandemic emergency, there is no hope even for for competence from them, much less trying to do a good thing.

Last edited:
In any case I've linked to one example against the woke thing a few days ago. Here's another. Notice the same model. It's interesting to notice for someone keeping up with the zeitgeist in politics.

Yet another example of how no matter how stupid "wokism" gets, the rabid anti-woke people find ways to be even stupider

Not surprised :( I was and am very much afraid there will be hunger worldwide. The poorer will be the ones suffering. Apparently rice is still plentiful this year. But when did plenty stop price speculation?
Unless governments - the governments of the rich countries - intervene to control and organize prices (and transportation, you're right) for food it's going to be a very bad year. And from what I've seen of governments in rich countries doing about this pandemic emergency, there is no hope even for for competence from them, much less trying to do a good thing.

Now that the stupid is the problem, we seem to be attempting to help.

As Churchill said, you can probably trust us to do approximately the right thing after all other options have been exhausted.

Thank you for your edit, btw. You know how they are. They're not out of other options.

Last edited:
In the UK labour keeps getting trounced by the conservatives.
As you appear to be on a roll of posting about things you haven't taken the time to understand, very little about the current Labour Party is "woke". But as usual, you need your strawmen ;)

I'm noticing a rather interesting phenomenon on the current transatlantic bout of political insanity - wokism. The conservative reaction to finally have come with effectiveness. The formats are rather media-savvy but repetitive, which leads me to suspect that there is some common organization behind it. Or perhaps just imitation?

This applies only to the US but its cultural influence spills over to the vassal states of course. I do believe that the high-water mark of phony political taking offense and wokism in the US has been reached and it's on the down-slope by now. But wasn't expecting an organized reaction quite so soon. It's just a suspicion mind you.

In Europe wokism has been shown as politically toxic come election time. The SNP failed to get the absolute majority it sought in Scotland. The french left crashed and burned to the point where Le Pen may very well be the next president and Melenchon finally woke up from his romance with islamic fundamentalists. In the UK labour keeps getting trounced by the conservatives. Germany is an exception, the woke greens will have their time in the sun, and screw up or course.

Wokism is the left wing version of right wing culture warriors

thats why i vote libertarian :)

In fact, now that I'm inventing this genre, I think you'd always have some abrupt final comment, rushed in at the end more breathlessly than the previous pacing of the post, to dramatize that you are operating within the arbitrary bounds set by the medium.

This could be fun.

My friend's nickname on League of Legends for a while was "The god has arri", aggressively making use of the character limit

Where in the World is Q?

It seems they live on the Pacific coast and like China

Bellingcat examined metadata found on images associated with 27 Q drops. We infer from the metadata that the images are screenshots taken in two time zones: UTC+8 and the Pacific time zone.

If accurate, the UTC+8 cluster of images could suggest that Q is a single individual who lives in the Pacific time zone but has traveled extensively in Asia (with stops at least in Hong Kong, Chongqing, Shanghai, and Bangkok, based on the contents of Q’s photos).

The overwhelming majority of the images in our data set — over 68 percent — appear to have been created by a user, or users who were in the Pacific time zone. Q’s content appears to have been posted from the Pacific time zone at least as early as November 7, 2017 and at least as late as September 23, 2020; this covers almost the entire period that Q was active.

By contrast, images from UTC+8 exist on only three dates in our data: February 8, 2018, February 10, 2018, and February 14, 2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom