General Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berzerker

Deity
Anything goes, foreign, domestic, international... Feel free to wander off on tangents.

The Spy Who Shagged me

https://nypost.com/2020/12/09/rep-swalwell-wont-say-if-he-had-sex-with-chinese-spy/

Ringleading Russiagater Eric Swalwell (D-Ca) apparently rose to power with the help of a Chinese spy. Last year Swalwell accused Donald Trump Jr of meeting a Russian spy.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/eric-swalwell-donald-trump-jr-spy

Hunter Biden and father Joe's transition team just announced authorities have been investigating Hunter's taxes and finances, ie the laptop and accusations of graft and money laundering. You know, accusations Democrat media suppressed before the election.

Youtube has announced they wont allow videos arguing election fraud

"The company (Youtube) that rigged the election by suppressing legitimate information in order to influence the outcome of the election more effectively than any foreign government could ever do is now telling us to preserve our faith in the election they need to censor us more" - Tucker Carlson

Florida police raid whistleblower, she refused to lie about covid data and they raided her home with guns drawn looking for a 'hacker'.

See, I should be a Congressman because I’d be totally unsusceptible to spies. Any useful information I’d have, I couldn’t share because my immediate concerns aren’t political or particularly relevant.

Spoiler sample minutiae :
How come they took the shopping part off of Wheel of Fortune? I liked seeing what people would pick, and nobody ever picked that Dalmatian statue. Then they added on all those toss-up puzzles and prize wedges onto the wheel. It’s so long and drawn out with no gameplay. And how come the price of a vowel’s never gone up? It’s not 1975 anymore, raise the price already! I liked it better when they had the mechanical board too.

And what kind of a name is Sajak anyway? Is that Czech? The only Czech names I know are all communist dictators. I don’t think Pat Sajak would make a good dictator, he seems like a nice guy.

I’m almost out of laundry soap. I better swing by the drugstore and pick some up.

Join my left of center party focus on tax increases and going after corporations.

Universal healthcare, funds for school and training. Will vote for SJW causes but won't beat you over the head with it. Won't even campaign on it.

Skills based visa immigration system and infrastructure build for affordable housing.

Supports independent electoral commission for electoral boundaries with proportional representation.

Free tertiary for required skills (health and education degrees) double cost of arts degrees.

Successful candidates are not allowed to use twitter.....

And what kind of a name is Sajak anyway? Is that Czech? The only Czech names I know are all communist dictators. I don’t think Pat Sajak would make a good dictator, he seems like a nice guy.

Most likely western or southern Slavic, but impossible to tell more accurately without knowing how exactly was it perverted to suit English spelling. Slavic languages-at least those using extended version of latin script-contain wealth of special diacritic to cover their own sounds, and it's often cut out with no regard to original pronunciation by English users.

@Samson you have reminded me I need to finish watching this 1981 forum on arms sales as a foreign policy tool.

What’s interesting about it? Joe Biden is on the panel. Has he changed his mind much over the past forty years?

Could it give us some idea on what side a Biden admin would come down on re: Arab jet sales?

I really hope I don't have to account for things I said in 1981.

Ok, I was 9, but still.
I’m not trying to catch Biden in a “gotcha” game, I’m looking to see what would be his strategic vision, and if it isn’t this, what factors led him to reconsider?

I was watching a little bit of this a week ago or so and I don’t think Biden said anything egregious.

You and I differ not just in age, but also that we are not elected officials who are responsible to the public. At least, I’m not! :)

You and I differ not just in age, but also that we are not elected officials who are responsible to the public. At least, I’m not! :)
Me neither. That would be a crime against humanity. Didn't check the video by the way, just making conversation :)

edit: mental note, avoid emoticons for the next month

Lebanese PM and 3 former ministers charged with negligence over port explosion:
Beirut, Lebanon – Lebanon’s outgoing Prime Minister Hassan Diab and three former ministers have been charged with negligence that led to the deaths of hundreds and injuries to thousands in the massive August Beirut port explosion.

Last edited:
Diane Feinstein is reportedly having severe memory issues. She's been throwing fits at her aids for failing to brief her on issues....five minutes after getting the briefings.

Apparently it was Schumer that got her to step down from certain committee responsibilities- and he had to have the same conversation with her multiple times. She is 87 and the oldest currently serving senator.

Last edited:
Diane Feinstein is reportedly having severe memory issues. She's been throwing fits at her aids for failing to brief her on issues....five minutes after getting the briefings.

Apparently it was Schumer that got her to step down from certain committee responsibilities- and he had to have the same conversation with her multiple times. She is 87 and the oldest currently serving senator.

Can we hope Biden will appoint her CIA director, what with her vast experience with the spooks?
It's not as if the propaganda for the public ever changes...

Last edited:
There is a major protest going on (and has been for a while) about removing guaranteed prices for farmers products. The farmers are bringing transport to a standstill, and say they do not need to get back to their farms until April.

We are getting appearances from the most left wing politician I have seen on TV for a while, as a talking head. His party broke off to the left of the Communist Party of India referred to the "right" strategy as "a national approach of class collaboration". Handbags at dawn that day.

Those green Euromorons haphazardly trying to force reduced emissions. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for actual change toward more ecological world...but this is not it. All they're doing is making any kind of production within EU financially impossible, forcing even more relocation of production to the countries with no such regulations, effectively increasing total emissions while making EU even more economically dependent on these countries. And especially China has been very aggressive recently in leveraging such weaknesses politically.

Those green Euromorons haphazardly trying to force reduced emissions. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for actual change toward more ecological world...but this is not it. All they're doing is making any kind of production within EU financially impossible, forcing even more relocation of production to the countries with no such regulations, effectively increasing total emissions while making EU even more economically dependent on these countries. And especially China has been very aggressive recently in leveraging such weaknesses politically.
I am not certain what you are referring to, but effectively exporting our CO2 production to places which are less careful about reducing the CO2 footprint of their production is bad in 2 ways. It both loses our productive industry AND increases the carbon footprint of our lives.

Join my left of center party focus on tax increases and going after corporations.

Universal healthcare, funds for school and training. Will vote for SJW causes but won't beat you over the head with it. Won't even campaign on it.
In the US, being left of center and advocating for healthcare and education gets you branded a communist.

Secession? Rush Limbaugh floats a startling notion — then quickly backs off.

Rush Limbaugh isn’t saying he wants the country to split into red and blue factions as a result of conservative fury over the election results. As he attempted to make clear Thursday, he’s just saying that other people are saying it.

WaPo said:
“I know that there’s a sizable and growing sentiment for people who believe that’s we’re headed to, whether we want to get there or not, secession,” he said on his nationwide radio program. “Now, I didn’t advocate for it. I never would advocate for secession. I’m simply repeating what I have heard.”

Limbaugh’s clarification came after his earlier comments on the topic went viral on social media. He didn’t say where he’s heard anyone float the notion of states seceding, let alone spell out how such a neo-Civil War separation might take place. But Limbaugh’s ambiguous flirtation with the idea may be his special contribution to conservative media’s rock-solid support of Trump’s baseless claims of election fraud.

“I actually think that we’re trending toward secession,” he said on Wednesday’s show. “I see more and more people asking what in the world do we have in common with the people who live in, say, New York? What is there that makes us believe that there is enough of us there to even have a chance at winning New York? Especially if you’re talking about votes.”

Limbaugh’s drift into radical theories like secession came after weeks of egging on Trump’s claim that the 2020 vote was riven by fraud, cheating him out of a second term. So far, it’s been a losing argument: Trump and his allies have lost dozens of legal challenges in court, and states have certified their results. On Monday, the electoral college’s electors will meet to affirm Biden’s victory.

Limbaugh has also hailed the Texas attorney general’s lawsuit challenging voting rules in four key states that enabled Biden’s victory — Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin and Georgia — in a last-ditch attempt to hand the election to Trump. “This is the one team Trump has been aiming at all along,” Limbaugh said on the air on Wednesday. Legal experts say it’s unlikely the Supreme Court will consider it. On Wednesday, Limbaugh noted that he had read recent blog posts about “how distant and separated and how much more separated our culture is becoming politically and that it can’t go on this way.” But then he took his hand away from the flame: “I myself haven’t made up my mind. I still haven’t given up the idea that [conservative Americans] are the majority and that all we have to do is find a way to unite and win.”

After his remarks drew pushback on social media, Limbaugh backed off further on Thursday, saying that he had “never” advocated secession and that people “on the left” had purposely mischaracterized his comments. Limbaugh is a longtime Trump loyalist; in the final weeks of the fall campaign, he hosted Trump for a two-hour “radio rally” in which the host lavished praise on his guest. Trump, for his part, awarded Limbaugh the Presidential Medal of Freedom in February, taking the unprecedented step of interrupting his State of the Union speech so that first lady Melania Trump could drape the medal around his neck.

But Limbaugh seems to realize Trump’s chances of overturning the election are slim. On Wednesday, he imagined what an out-of-office Trump would do. “He’s going to talk about seeking the presidency again in 2024 if these efforts to overturn this election don’t work,” he said. “But I think specifically what’s he gonna do, would he do a cable TV show, would he try to buy and run a cable network, would he want to do an hour or two on the radio now and then? He’s got any number of options, but I think you should stay confident that he’s not going to disappear. He doesn’t know how to do that.”

I’m not trying to catch Biden in a “gotcha” game, I’m looking to see what would be his strategic vision, and if it isn’t this, what factors led him to reconsider?

I was watching a little bit of this a week ago or so and I don’t think Biden said anything egregious.

It's not like American voters were ALLOWED a Presidential candidate who was ABLE to win the rigged U.S. system who had any true integrity or would like bring about any needed reform, except at a glacial pace, anyways, so don't feel bad...

In the US, being left of center and advocating for healthcare and education gets you branded a communist.

Is that McCarthyist idiocy STILL a thing? I don't often hear it in American media anymore. I much more often hear Americans inappropriately and ridiculously slapping on words like, "Fascist," and "Nazi," nowadays...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom