General questions and discussions

HUSch

Secret-monger
We 've some questions about, which shouldn't dispersed, so I open this thread, because I don't want also to discuss in the thread for Sulla.

I could create and team e-mail if you like, something like isis@returntosender.cc. I could forward any send to that adres to everyone who wants to be on the list. Is that the team e-mail?
It won't have a password.
No, the team email should be a gmail account, as in previous games.
We make discussions/negotiation with other teams over email? I remember from Aloha.
In GWT we 've good experience with a forum for both teams; can the admins operate this for us or not. This would be 10 new foren.
In this the communication is much more better than with mails.

Extra forums on CFC for each pair of teams are more than Thunderfall typically does. But it would be quite easy to set up on one of the free hosting sites like invisionfree.

Did you do that right away, or wait for a while to find out if your relations with that team are going to be good?

I don't know about this website but I've had awful luck with other websites setting up and maintaining forums to be used with games. I'd just assume we did it ourselves... you know?

Why do we need a whole private forum? I think we can maintain whatever communications we need here and otherwise have a private e-mail account.

A common forum is an interesting idea. I agree that it should be held on an off-site hosting service, though. One danger I see is that it may become a sort of cacophonous free-for-all. It can be very difficult to nail down policy when there are too many competing voices.

In the previous games the diplomacy was conducted through emails. It was very simple - our team would spend several days determining what the goal of a letter was to be (for instance, convince Aloha that they must ally with us if Innovia attacks), then a couple more days refining the language. The letter is sent from the team email.

Then we wait for a response... sometimes for weeks :lol:

If a response came back, then we'd pore over every word, every comma, trying to understand not only what they said back, but what they didn't say ;)

Sometimes a chat would be scheduled, and several players from both teams would join a conversation. But it always seemed to work best when there was one primary speaker from each team.

Just for the record, I'm not proposing we get our own private forum. I'm just encouraging people not to rely on the forum moderators to set everything up for us the way we want it. I've had poor luck with that in other games and on other forums...

In fact, I think it'd be rather dumb to go off an set up our own private forum. However, a team email (such as gmail) may not be a bad idea so long as all the civilizations did it but I'd just assume we appoint or have ambassadors and do it here so everyone can have more input.

Its just one of those things, "If you want to get something done, do it yourself".

I like the idea of chats, so long as it's simple and everyone has access; we just can't become reliant on those out of game things.

hehe, I wouldn't mind actually trying to meet up in another game to simulate an actual personal meeting, that might be kinda fun. I don't know what game or medium that would be though...

I didn't think you were proposing a separate private forum. I thought you were suggesting that we and, say, Team 1, start a joint forum to carry out diplomatic communication.

We have to have a team email - it's not a matter of it being a good idea or not - it's the only way another team can send us a message that consists of more than just trade screen options.

But the moderators have nothing to do with that. Nor do the game administrators. :confused:

Top Bottom