1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

general strategy

Discussion in 'Team Mad Scientists' started by topas, Dec 29, 2008.

1. HUSch

HUSch Secret-monger

When CERN grow after the next settler to 6/7, then we need the river-hill-mine more than I thought.

2. topas

topas Prince

For a fast growth we will need some grasland-cottages even more... we have to keep the foodsurplus as big as possible...
    (If I remember right, the mine should be finished in 7 turns with my proposal in the turn discussion.)

btw
    I think we should start seperate threads for longterm MM and production of the cities, where we can plan ahead a little better.

3. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

I think we also need to do some economic planning.

4. HUSch

HUSch Secret-monger

Dave pig 1-2 collide with the banana-town. It 'll found at pig 1-2-2. So south of pig there is no room for another town.

5. topas

topas Prince

We should move the banana city 1 tile to the north. (That is the position that Dave suggested.)
    -> banana-9-8

Banana-city will gain the fish (and shared pigs) and lose 1 riverside-grasland (CERN-9-9).
    The 3 tiles in the south are still covered by Entropia.

I think this makes the banana-city much more valuable than we thought before!
    (Chop monument or spread religion, WB on fish, chop granery, grow into cottages... it will have a great jumpstart!)

6. DaveShack

Time to give this a bump, and talk about what techs we want to go for next.

7. DaveShack

So from the embassy thread I see we go for sailing next. After that I think it would be helpful to get calendar so the dyes can produce their extra commerce, but I don't know if this is a worthy goal or if we'll get that in trade. Beyond that, I'd have to take a look in-game.

8. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

I floated an idea with Methos of Cavaleiros that the three alliance teams all share any letters received from SANCTA. This could be a good idea, but there may be negative consequences.

We certainly don't have to go through with it, so let's discuss some of the potential effects.

For one thing, it will make it harder to have a separate treaty with SANCTA without the others finding out. But on the other hand, it will be much easier for the three of us to coordinate a response to SANCTA's status in the game, and hopefully keep them from pulling farther away.

9. HUSch

HUSch Secret-monger

We 've an ally and could discuss our strategies, but diplos with other teams shouldn't open for all. That we can't controll and I don't see what we (all) get from this.

10. DaveShack

Sharing our received mail with other teams could backfire, if the others then use the contents of the mail to discuss things with the sending team that they shouldn't know.

For example SANCTA tells us something and not Cav. We pass it on, then Cav brings it up with SANCTA. Now if SANCTA thought they were telling us in confidence, they can no longer trust us.

11. topas

topas Prince

What do you think about researching monotheism and theology after sailing?

With theology we could build/chop the AP in a production-rich city. For example in fish-pigs-city if we save all the forests around it. (We should found it next and then grow it. We should build/whip a granery and maybe a WB fast (if we are late in founding the city, granery and WB might not be needed at once (-> WB from other city and granery not too important because growth rate should be good even without...))and then grow the city and start working some mines. A missionary should convert the city to hind. asap. When theology is researched, we start on the AP at once and chop our prechopped forrests in it. (get math before))

Concerning shortterm future:
    I think we should train 2 worker rather fast and then train another settler. After that worker and settler and repeat.

12. topas

topas Prince

*bump*

How do we want to proceed in terms of research?

We should inform our allies before starting a new project, but we should come up with an idea...

Personally I'd go for masonry (Can we get this from our ally?) -> monotheism -> theology in order to build the AP, but I guess we should better hurry up, before SAN starts in this direction. (read s.th. in their correspondance with Cav)
    Other possibilities could be currency, metal casting or construction, but I don't know when Cav finishes math or what Kaz is researching now.

(btw: We should send Kaz some Gratz for their won confu. race...)

13. HUSch

HUSch Secret-monger

We 've researched the treaty-techs.
    I would it like to go for mono, with masonry as next tech.

14. DaveShack

Isn't masonry a pre-req for mono?

15. DaveShack

I think we should discuss tech trading with SAN/SAT with the alliance. We could get things from them on the alliance's behalf and make the 3-way a little less obvious. Plus we'd be all set up to swing both ways.

16. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

I think that's a great idea, Dave. Anyone see any reason not to try this? It's possible that Mad Scientists can position ourselves as the Fulcrum between the Alliance and The Others ;)

17. HUSch

HUSch Secret-monger

Kaz has masonry, so we must research another tech.

Who research math or Aestetics?

18. topas

topas Prince

Cav does math.

Further I don't like the idea to research aest only to support Kaz with the Great Library.

19. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

I agree with Topas. If we research something to benefit one of the other teams' building a wonder, then we should be compensated. Perhaps we build the Apostolic Palace? It would be good for us, since we know all teams.

20. DaveShack

OK, time to get serious about strategy. Our difficulty in picking a tech indicates a lack of purpose.

I can't tell enough from just threads to have any idea at all. I'll log on later and see what I can figure out. It might be best for several of us to figure out how we'd go from this point and write that up as a package. We don't need to choose one of the packages as a complete unit -- instead, we can synthesize an overall strategy from all of it. The key thing is that all the ideas come out, and quickly.