1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

General thoughts

Discussion in 'Community Art Project' started by ainwood, Aug 18, 2013.

1. ainwood

ainwood Consultant. Administrator

Thanks to those that have started posting some artwork for this. I am incredibly impressed with everything posted. Looking at the two banners, I honestly love both the simplicity of Irkalla's banner (and of course the font!) and the aesthetics of Leugi's banner.

One point on banners is scaling them to fit the user screen. Not sure what the "typical" resolution is nowadays - suspect 1920 * 1080. However, on the iPad this is terrible. We actually have a "Fixed Width" theme, and if someone were interested in scaling their themes for mobile devices, that would be great.

2. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

3. Bibor

Bibor Doomsday Machine

Do you guys have analytics for civfanatics specifically?

4. Synsensa

Synsensa Warlord Retired Moderator

It'd be impossible to find out. Steam is a program and draws specifications from your computer. I guess Ainwood could post a site-wide poll but it'd be shoddy information as there are more guests than members and most wouldn't vote.

5. Robowhitty

Robowhitty Chieftain

As a new member, I think the new look of the website needs to be a bit more simpler
    The website design is a bit confusing and are too many links and tabs to look at. Sacry as a newcomer :undecide:

6. KingofSpaniards

KingofSpaniards Chieftain

I think that we need to make it much more user friendly. Also, the website doesn't tell, BAM... CIV 5 , it could be any other blog and thread website we need to capture another image for the website, something that says civ.

7. ainwood

ainwood Consultant. Administrator

So too many subforums?

8. s.bernbaum

s.bernbaum Mostly lurking

Admittedly, I'm not a newcomer but remembering when I was, one of the things that I liked about CFC was the layout. I didn't find it confusing then and don't now.

9. Bergerperson

Bergerperson An actual Canadian

I am using the Civ V Revised theme, looks amazing, but can it be scaled to fit a 1280x800? I feel that the author made it to fit a bigger monitor.