Generalities 200AD

How can NUF Plan what to do next?

• Keep Tax 30%, Science 70%, max Science?

Votes: 12 100.0%
  • Bump Tax other%, see my post.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Please exercise your Minister's Prerogative to name the Island, ASAP.

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Name Island: Beast Island

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Name City: Beast Flats

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Name City: by normal poll. I know few City Names are available.

• Deliver Civvium Silver ASAP into demand of REGIA CIVITAS.

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Keep Civvium Silver Caravan for a while, in Little Nemo.

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Gabba Gabba: Warrior 0/10 in 2 turns for Elysium Police!

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • Gabba Gabba: Caravan, I just posted another way to quell the Elysium riot.

• Let's build Cop's within 6 turns, and efficiently save a Caravan.

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Let's build Cop's As Soon As Possible, waste doesn't matter.

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Bedfont Lakes: Caravan, Island City can care for the Trireme.

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Bedfont Lakes: Diplomat if Trireme will return ASAP, otherwise Caravan.

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Bedfont Lakes: Diplomat for sure. Keep it for an Aonia Guard.

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Bedfont Lakes: Diplomat for sure. Send it to the LC Indian War.

• Maybe, build Filler F4 of Forest 3NW of RC soon. RECOMMENDED

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Maybe, build Filler F4 specifically with the TFalls Settler, now.

• Maybe, Build Filler F4 specifically with the next LN Settler.

• I don't understand why you keep bringing F4 up for a vote.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GaryNemo

Settler from None
Please see the commentary on these in Turn 200AD, and prior turn 120AD threads.

Your Minister of the Interior recommends the first choice in each section.

Regarding F4, NW NW NW of REGIA CIVITAS, please note the Filler Cities are building our Cop's, beating the Indians to it. Our other cities are preocupied with Trade Routes, Settlers, Roads, War, Riots, you name it!

Please vote promptly, these are general matters and details will follow.

I voted to build cop's asap, this is DEITY and the AI builds at a ridiculous rate - we dont want to be caught out again!!
I understand Gary's desire to build F4, and i dont mind if it is built, but i think that uncovering specials (e.g. N,NW RC) would be a hell of a lot more useful.
Also, we are uncovering new terrain and our settlers will begin to dwindle as we spread.

Two important votes IMHO:

GG build warrior in 2 turns for Elysium police.

Build Cop's ASAP (wastes 23 shields). We need all the science we can get ASAP. I'm worried about the Indians.

The F4 questions were loaded! We know exactly why you keep bringing it up. ;)

As an Elected Official, it is surely my prerogative to phrase polls as I see best for NUF.

Btw, you must have meant W NW, Pure Green Hidden Special.
Regarding Foresting the Special W NW of RC: If we build F4 now, it can use RC's N NW GSL shield to get itself quickly up to size 2, and with a comfortable Food Box for emergencies, then serfs to ocean. I believe no guard will ever be necessary, at Size=2.

I thank everyone for jumping on this. If we have a general direction earlier, we can plan details tomorrow and move Saturday. Did I miss enything?

Originally posted by MonkE
The F4 questions were loaded! We know exactly why you keep bringing it up. ;)

Yeah, but thats politics!

Yes I did. I forgot to poll:
Build Legions now, in lieu of Archers?
Let's face it , it's a rough world out there.

Edit: And poll:
Spend down from $300 to hurry things along?
IPRB on Diplomats, highest priority?
IPRB on units, such as Legions, highest priority?
IPRB on Caravans, as least priority at the moment?

Edit: MonkE asked about IPRB LC Temple. I think IPRB Caravans, Dips, and Legions will be more efficient. Efficiency avoids emergencies. Rush Buy is always wasteful.

Btw, we may need Sun Tzu because the Large Enemies of this world are both right near us. They both are, right?

Mike's Leonardo's and Republic are the way to go, methinks.
And I'm glad we finally built another city, after hundreds of years.

But one founding and one subversion are not enough!
F4 in Term4 - NOW!

Perhaps we shouldn't spend down too much, since I expect Indian cities are likely larger from the Pyramids and therefore not as cheap. Established Viking cities on their continent won't be as cheap as their outposts on ours either.

I voted so (which many of you already knew) :

Keep Tax 30%, Science 70%, max Science!
Exercise my Minister's Prerogative to name the Island, ASAP.
  Name Island: Beast Island, and City: Beast Flats
Deliver Civvium Silver ASAP into demand of REGIA CIVITAS.
Gabba Gabba: Warrior 0/10 in 2 turns for Elysium Police!

Let's build Cop's within 6 turns, and efficiently save a Caravan.
Bedfont Lakes: Caravan, Island City can care for the Trireme.
Build Filler F4 of Forest 3NW of RC soon.
Build Filler F4 specifically with the next LN Settler.

But only the Max Science and GG Warrior Police are clearly leading this poll. Your vote can make a difference for NUF - so vote wisely. Consider the Gold Link the duke posted recently in Turn Thread 200AD. Or save yourself time, and vote to Deliver the Silver Caravan.

Regarding Naming, we have more pressing matters. But I am willing to entertain other suggestions, and more clever names along the line of xxx Island and xxx yyy will be appreciated.

The Indian leader is an Empress. That suggests they are yet to develop Monarchy, meaning that they have an introductory low price!!! :)

I'm now leaning toward Isle of Beast, and City: Beast Run

I think we should be spending down to buy a Dip for LC.
And let's change all of the Archers to Legions.

Jayne, it's been 16 hours. How about putting on your General's hat? You and MonkE saved us last time, and we need to be saved again!

It looks like "build Cop's ASAP" will not prevail. If presented with "Indians will complete next turn", I presume that we RB and not use a caravan, no?

I guess if you get the 'Indians almost completed' message you finish in the best way. If it only costs up to, say, $175 to RB do that. If not and you have a caravan near enough, use that. You could always IPRB to save a few turns.

The Caravan costs $125, one way to look at it. That is 5 separate IPRB of $25, assuming one shield at the start.

Another view: I'm recommending we routinely spend IPRB $8 four times on nearly every Caravan , $32 per Caravan. Of course, that would break our budget, so it isn't happening right now.
Plus something like a Dip in Dellham, IPRB $11 twice to complete in 3 turns is more valuable at the moment.

I'm thinking we Bribe to get control of all of our land, and then Dip Patrols to keep control. No support, fast, perfect for Republic.

Your subversion of The Udal was excellent efficiency, your excellency! We got a Trireme for $57, plus a free Phx, Settler and City. Incredibly hard bargain you drove, but, what could the hapless Viking do but sell out?

Of course, we need $Gold and Science, and that is what we will get from F4!

I Summarize: Spend down a bit as necessary, but keep the reserve of over $250. RB Cop's if necessary. Iirc, the wisdom last time is that it will always work in a pinch, if we have the necessary gold reserves. Has anyone ever lost to the AI, Rush Buy and then didn't get the Wonder anyway?

Er, no. Because you have to time it so that you have it done on the turn after you are told they have nearly finished. The AI will tell you the wonder is nearly done, you will have one turn of production, the AI will have one turn of production and then either you or the AI builds the wonder depending on whether you were quick enough to finish it on your next opportunity.

Ladies and gentlemen.... Roll up! Roll up!.... See anything you like? Exotic foreign cities at a never-better Despotism special! Vikings! Indians! Everything must go!

My friend slightly up and to the left suggests that we go shopping for those tasty Despotic cities while we still can (he's the one with the natty headgear). We may have to capture those that have wonders, but we can buy up the rest without too much trouble! Join the "investment" society today and save GGGs! :D

I'm jumping on the diplo train w/duke. Buy those crapping despot cities and teach them a thing or 2 about true superiority.

Or perhaps we ought to wait for anarchy(aka clearance rack ;))

Originally posted by GaryNemo
Has anyone ever lost to the AI, Rush Buy and then didn't get the Wonder anyway?

As long as you rush buy it the turn you get the message you will get it. If you try to get it through normal production, you won't get it. My foggy memory thinks getting it through disbanding units or using caravans also doesn't work.

I have seen it where the AI won't finish it the very next turn. I'm assuming it's because their city went into disorder or something to make it short the needed shields.

Originally posted by Duke of Marlbrough
My foggy memory thinks getting it through disbanding units or using caravans also doesn't work.
There's a way around that: disband units and/or convert caravans until the wonder is 'completed' then RB for G/0. Simple :)

So, you did it, Gary. I voted for F4! Now, either you convinced me, or you tired me out ;)

But seriously: I see a point in your argument that the filler cities are building the "nuts and bolts" of our empire while the others are preoccupied with growth, trade routes, caravans... They also contribute to overall discontent, but it seems to me now that the advantages outweigh the disadvantages.

I propose to create a "Politico of the Month" award for tirelessly promoting a political agenda and finally convincing "the masses" of its validity. And my nomination for the first recipient is...

GaryNemo!

I don't have to give reasons, or do I?

Oh God! :eek:
He's got his F4 at last. (Well, provided the President pays attention to the people's wishes - hint, hint ;))
I am curious to discover who, out of the eleven people who voted in this poll - seven for and four against F4, also decided to vote for one of the other options. Seems a little strange, and I demand that everyone called Chad is immediately thrown out and a separate, F4 only, poll is conducted! :mischief:

Top Bottom