1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Generals of warfare

Discussion in 'Civ3 Strategy Articles' started by hbdragon88, Nov 17, 2002.

1. hbdragon88

hbdragon88 haunted by blackness

This is my first attempt at writing a documentation successfully conducting warfare.

These may not work on higher levels, like Monarch or Deity.

Please download the zip file and give me your feedback...thanks in advance.

11/27/02:
    Modernwarfare.zip removed after 19 downloads. New version, same name, uploaded. Please download it and send feedback.

Attached Files:

2. Scyphax

Scyphax Warlord

hbdragon

These principles will serve you well at least up to Regent.
    I particularly liked section 5.
    You need to build on this document.
    Sometimes you have to have a long war. How do deal with war weariness?
    What about the importance of mobility?
    How do you stop an AI Civ attacking you without a MPP?

3. hbdragon88

Hmmm...yeah, I knew that there'd be some snare with dealing in Emperor and Monarch and Deity.

Sure, I'll build on the document and improve it and such. But the long war part - that's why I said to try to cut it short or else everything can backfire on you.

WW, governor approch.

Sign an alliance, I guess - I'll release a new version sometimes soon...

4. hbdragon88

Scyphax:

In response, I have built more on my document, added a section on mobilization.

Mobilization is on point 3, and the original points 2-9 have been pushed back one. There's also a little more clarity in some of my points.

Attached Files:

5. Hygro

Hygro soundcloud.com/hygro/

I can definetly say that it was written as if you were playing something higher than chieftain. Nice article! I actually found it theoritically useful (as in, I knew those tricks but some articles I find utterly useless to me, whether I knew them or not).

6. hbdragon88

It was November/December 2002 when I wrote that - I was definintely on chieftain on that time. I was playing Egypt on the Great Lakes scenario when I developed most of that. It's so broad that it can be adjusted for higher levels.

You're still wondering whether I'm lying about playing chieftain...maybe my strategies are beyond chieftain, but I haven't played a single regular game out of chieftain yet. Well, the GOTMs, yes; but other than that, no regulary started games on anything higher.