Generalstaff Minor Projects Thread

That is pretty cool. I had to go back to my older laptop to salvage Education, and I have to check out the Palace mod. I do have to ask, why did Afforess cut some of the some of the Early Buildings? I know he did not care much for the concept of the Timekeepers, which was difficult to work in due to the Tech Tree, but the Basketweavers seemed to be a crucial building.
balancing is the answer. too much commerce to be more secific. maybe you don't want to even know which heavy cuts i made to the commerce and production with my balancing changes to get more stable time progression and balanced game play.

balancing is the answer. too much commerce to be more secific. maybe you don't want to even know which heavy cuts i made to the commerce and production with my balancing changes to get more stable time progression and balanced game play.

I know the too much Commerce was the reason for the changes to make resource based bonuses static, which were a great change by Afforess. And looking through the changes, I understand why the Poacher's Camp was disabled, since it was easily abused by players, as well as the Storage Pit, which I could see being overpowered. It took me some thought to realize why the Basketweavers was disabled, which had to do with its early obsolescence not working in Snail games. But yes, I do think you are right that the extra Commerce from the Timekeepers was a big reason for it being disabled.

I could only imagine how difficult it is to create stable time progression for the large variety of Earthlike maps out there. I do have to add that it seems like Revolutions has been made easier for RoM, usually my large empire is consuming my gold with bribes and unit maintenance, but for some reason. It is making me think I may have accidentally disabled it or set an option to make it easier, or even misinstalled something.

You seem to have been a bit... cavalier with the Revolution stats for buildings. Should the town watch really be lowering the LocalRevIndex by 5 a turn? That would solve pretty much all stability problems for all of time. Likewise, the gambling hall would cause even the happiest of cities to spiral into a revolution in no time at all. The numbers, except for the distance one, are static values, not modifiers. Keep them small. A change of 1 is huge.

Oh, and the Apiary seems OP. I saw the terrain restriction, but honestly, when do cities NOT have a plain or grassland nearby.

New Buildingpack released with new module: Textiles. Since it adds a new resource, it is incompatible with older versions of Early Buildings, or anything else that adds a resource.

EDIT: This new Buildingpack requires A New Dawn 1.74Beta5

Does it also require the BeterRoM or any other part of AND?

You seem to have been a bit... cavalier with the Revolution stats for buildings. Should the town watch really be lowering the LocalRevIndex by 5 a turn? That would solve pretty much all stability problems for all of time. Likewise, the gambling hall would cause even the happiest of cities to spiral into a revolution in no time at all. The numbers, except for the distance one, are static values, not modifiers. Keep them small. A change of 1 is huge.

OK, I though I was dealing with percentages, I will do a correction in the near future (which I would have to do anyways to deal with accidentally including older readmes).

Oh, and the Apiary seems OP. I saw the terrain restriction, but honestly, when do cities NOT have a plain or grassland nearby.

Also an update, the Apiary should have had only 1 Commerce, not two, and I also think I increased the cost (has to do with the same organization issue on my computer; the same as with the readmes). The terrain restriction has to do with some Perfectworld2 maps I played, which had some massive deserts that can make great cities due to flood plains and mountains, as well as some arctic cities which have only tundra and ice. In other words, it has to do with exuding 5% cities in strange places on giant maps with certain mapscripts.

Does it also require the BeterRoM or any other part of AND?

No, it just requires AND for the new XML tags.

OK, I uploaded a new building pack which fixes the issues Afforess brought up. I also moved the Firepit from Early Buildings to Modular Civics Buildings for a different Tribal building, complete redesigned Towers, some minor art tweaks and ability changes to Towers, Early Buildings, and Modular Civic Buildings.

Be sure to play with the current A New Dawn beta (1.74Beta8; it should work with 1.74Beta6 as well).

Dang just when i changed everything also:lol:;)

EDIT: Got these errors in Beta8:( Infact ALL of the Leftist comes up as an error:confused:

EDIT EDIT: OK found out about some of the Leftist errors:

You can load the OLD files there and just change the Guerrillas_CIV4CivilizationInfos file, but as soon as anything else gets changed it gives that error below.

Dang just when i changed everything also:lol:;)

EDIT: Got these errors in Beta8:( Infact ALL of the Leftist comes up as an error:confused:

EDIT EDIT: OK found out about some of the Leftist errors:

You can load the OLD files there and just change the Guerrillas_CIV4CivilizationInfos file, but as soon as anything else gets changed it gives that error below.

Thanks, I forgot that I needed to update that file (zap made a lot of changes from 2.8 to 2.9).

OK, the error about the Fortified Encampment is required for the Technical. I should throw in a dependency just in case someone is not playing with civics buildings. The error about the Leftist Guerrilla is confusing me a little. If I remember correctly, Better ROM removed the Communist Civic (something I disagree with only because I never play with the Ideology Civics), and the Leftist Guerrilla requires Communist or Marxist to building. However, I through on a dependency for the Communist civic; since an error came up, I must not have done it correctly (if there is a module out there that has a dependency line for a civic, could I have a link so that I can have an example to go by?).

Also, I found another typo I made with Modular Civics Buildings and in the Towers Readme.

If I remember correctly, Better ROM removed the Communist Civic (something I disagree with only because I never play with the Ideology Civics)

You remember correctly, but it had nothing to do with Ideology civics. (Heck, Ideology Civics are gone in 1.74). I full explained my reasoning, and everyone agreed at the time:

Communism isn't a style of government, it's a type of economy. There is no such thing as a communist government. Only communist economies. All the "communist countries" we've seen in history (USSR, Cuba, Vietnam, etc...) are really just Fascism in disguise.[/I]

You remember correctly, but it had nothing to do with Ideology civics. (Heck, Ideology Civics are gone in 1.74). I full explained my reasoning, and everyone agreed at the time:

A handful disagreed if I remember correctly, but that is a moot point since with any change, there are going to be people who dissent. My point from the previous post is that with Ideology Civics and Better RoM, it is easier to distinguish between a Communist (Left-wing Totalitarianism) and Fascist state (Right-wing Totalitarianism), than with Vanilla civics. Of course the more I think about it, a Strasserist Fascist state would run the same civics as a Communist state, which gets back to your point about the lack of difference between the two.

Of course, I guess I was over-thinking that whole discussion back when.

OK, I fixed the error that civics units errors by included dependency tags and returning the Paramilitary and Leftist Guerrilla to there single civics options state for Better RoM compatibility.

I managed to return Pottery to Early Buildings and added gamespeed prereqs to a number of buildings, which allowed me to return the Storage Pit.

I changed Piazza San Marco from free Markets to free Baazars (obsoletes with Baazar) and lessen its cost. I also improved the Apadana Palace button (I added sky to the background)

I am currently taking over HydromancerX's Education, Military, and Palace mods (link in OP). It is likely I will take over more, so stay tuned folks.

EDIT: As always, make sure you are running the most recent AND (1.74PatchD)

@generalstaff

You may want to incorporate my Crafts mod into your early building mod. The "clay pit" building works well as a prerequisite building for the potter's hut.

In addition I highly recommend you apply the wood related elements of the crafts mod to your early buildings mod since the lumber camp works well as a prerequisite to building your palisade walls and outpost.

Here s a list of buildings (and techs) from the crafts mod that I think you should use ...

Craft Mod
- Carpenter's Workshop
- Carpentry [Tech]
- Clay Pit
- Lumber Camp
- Woodcarver's Hut
- Woodworking [Tech]

Of course its all up to you. But they were made with your early buildings mod and towers mod in mind.

Note there are mod buildings in the mod to use too. These were just ones I thought would fit best. If you want to sue the rest be my guest I would be more than happy to see them included too.

I'm guessing that I'm supposed to unzip this to the assets/modules folder?

Top Bottom