1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Genesis Ark

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Graphics Modpacks' started by georgestow, May 27, 2008.

1. georgestow

georgestow Proud to be Awesome

This is something I made to go along with Smoking Mirror's Dalek. [http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=119016]
    It's a wonder that produceses a Dalek every 10 turns, because in the new Doctor Who episodes, the Genesis Ark is a prison for the Daleks, and ends up being opened by them, thus releasing the Daleks to wreak havoc.
    This is my first mod thingy, so any comments are appreciated, but nothing too negative, if the comment isn't even useful to me, please.
    Thanks, georgestow.
    =]

Search Words: Genesis, Dalek, Doctor, Exterminate, Science, Fiction, Sci-Fi, Alien, Aliens, Television, Space

Attached Files:

2. Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey Archon Without Portfolio

Could you post a preview / screenshot ?

3. georgestow

Sorry!
    Here's the wonder splash:

4. Vuldacon

Vuldacon Chieftain

Nice Wonder georgestow:goodjob:... Your Images are Not in pcx format for Game use.
    You need to Check the Exact Sizes of each Image and also make and apply the pcx Palettes as well as apply the buildings Large and Small Palettes to the images that use them.

I made palettes for your images and added the buildings Large and Small palettes to the images that use them...all are in pcx format. I Kept the Frames around the images that are for the Buildings Large and Small to aid in placement.

Attached Files:

5. georgestow

Coolio
    Thanks LOADS!
    =]

6. Balthasar

Balthasar Wise Man

Nice idea georgestow! Did you ever hear the Dr Who - Monty Python - Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe - Pink Floyd connection? As I heard it, Douglas Adams, who wrote Hitchhiker's Guide also wrote for Dr. Who and Monty Python back then. He was also friends with David Gilmour of Pink Floyd, and reportedly got Gilmour to convince the guys in the band, who were suddenly rich from the Dark Side of the Moon album, to help finance Python's first movie, The Holy Grail. I call it "six degrees of all my favorite things".
    Ahem! Back on subject. . .People learn four things here: 1) if it isn't a .flc file, it's a .pcx file. The .rar , .zip & .ace files are just little packages to put them in, and they all open with WinRar. 2) The pallete matters, 3) size matters, and 4) the tutorials are your friend (sometimes your most confusing friend, but, hey, we're all just doin' our best). Welcome to the wild woolly world of creation & customization.

7. Alex2604

Alex2604 Chieftain

Dude, I f*cking adore you. :)
    Huge fan of the Doctor. :)