Gentlemen, I beg you

Status
Not open for further replies.

i64ever

Chieftain
I have long been a silent observer, but all the recent strife will not allow me to be silent any longer. The fighting simply must end. We few, we players of Civilization, should be like brothers, regardless of the number that comes after our favorite version! For do we not all labor to construct Wonders of the World, now numbering far past the original seven? Do we not all amass our huge armies, whether they march over squares or hexes, because of our desire to conquer the world? Has seeing the stars shine in the sky over Alpha Centauri, so far from the planet of our birth, taught us nothing?

For we have all suffered. Has Monty not stabbed us all in the back? Have we not all seen that resource of iron pop up just one square out of our city zone? Have not the barbarian hordes found our precious cities undefended at least once? We have bled for this game of ours. Let us not add to the bloodshed.

And we forget our true enemies! Why do we argue about whether IV or V is more complex when there are players of First Person Shooters still out there! Those whose idea of "strategy" is to hide behind the ever present chest high wall and twitch their trigger finger. And what of those who play farmville and the other accursed "casual" games! Truly working moms and small children laugh at us as they weed their friends fields, and line up their colored jewels as we, the true hard core gamers waste our time spamming each other. Those whose idea of revolution has to do with dancing...DANCING!!! should surely feel our rightous anger first.

Plus we forget the true spawns of evil...CONSOLE GAMERS!!!! They with their Xboxes and PS's, and their ungodly ability to seducer game developers away from the PC, the world's one true game playing system. Every thread we launch here filled with hatred against those in our own community allows the console gamers to continue multiplying in the shadows, stretching out their mouse-hating hands until they cover the globe!

So I ask...nay, beg you brothers. Pour forth your venom here no more! Save your flames for the players of Halo and your insults of the players of wii sports.

Thank you.

I'm confused, you want us to stop having opinions and start having a hippie parade? People have complaints. Other people don't agree that they are valid. Some really intelligent conversation and loads of unintelligent conversation ensues... so is the way of internet forums.

OP, Civ V is a FPS. You move the mouse around the screen clicking away, then ????, and profit.:lol:

So I ask...nay, beg you brothers. Pour forth your venom here no more! Save your flames for the players of Halo and your insults of the players of wii sports.

You know, I was reading your post and I felt like you were being a bit too dramatic and over the top. But despite that, your intentions seemed decent enough.

Until I read that part. They are just video games, you aren't better because you like the Civ series over the Halo series. Your perception of being a "hard core gamer" is relative and doesn't make you a connoisseur of video games.

You know, I was reading your post and I felt like you were being a bit too dramatic and over the top. But despite that, your intentions seemed decent enough.

Until I read that part. They are just video games, you aren't better because you like the Civ series over the Halo series. Your perception of being a "hard core gamer" is relative and doesn't make you a connoisseur of video games.

I think you're taking his post a little seriously. It's intended to get a tongue in cheek chuckle not as an attack.

It got a chuckle out of me at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom