Gentlier Borders

Potworny

Warlord
One thing that very mildly annoys me about Civ VI are the graphics of the borders. Civ V was far superior on this field, and while it may seem like a minor detail, it made the presentation more natural and pleasant to look at.

While their rough shapes both on the map and the minimap is something that I can get over (although it would be nice to make them more round), I think that there is potentially a simpler way to make them look a little bit better.

My bottom line is this: make the gradient on the inside of the border line more gentle, but at the same time make it take up more space on the tiles.

This is basically what Civ V did. In my opinion, it made the borders signify the possession of land by civs. Just have a look at my crude comparison:
Spoiler :

upload_2020-8-9_21-9-26.png

The amplified difference between the outer and the inner part of the border would also make them easier to read while maintaining the aesthetic of the game. I would like to find out how well would it look, however, I have absolutely no experience in coding/modding of any kind. I don't even know if the game with its reportedly lacking modding equipment would allow such an idea. Can anybody help?

Top Bottom