Geography Quizz

By the way, there's also a US state capital being named montpelier.
It's either Vermont or New Hampshire. I'm guessing Vermont. (proof I don't cheat since this info. is a 5-second google away) ;)

Edit: It's definitely Vermont because the capital of New Hampshire has completely slipped my mind. Hmm.

It's either Vermont or New Hampshire. I'm guessing Vermont. (proof I don't cheat since this info. is a 5-second google away) ;)

Edit: It's definitely Vermont because the capital of New Hampshire has completely slipped my mind. Hmm.
Yeah it's Vermont. Actually, the city is proud to be the smallest state capital in the US with a population of 8,000 inhabitants over an area of 26 km² (meaning its population density is lower than the one of England as a whole).

Actually, with a name such as "Vermont" and a capital named "Montpelier", I've always wondered whether the place was founded by the French or something. But whatever, France never peopled its colonies anyway. There's no mystery in the fact we couldn't hold any of these lands considering we weren't even able to people them in the first place.

Actually, with a name such as "Vermont" and a capital named "Montpelier", I've always wondered whether the place was founded by the French or something. But whatever, France never peopled its colonies anyway. There's no mystery in the fact we couldn't hold any of these lands considering we weren't even able to people them in the first place.

Serious question... is that a commentary on the French preferring to stay home in general, or is it just a result of French policy of wanting to build resource-based dependencies, rather than really build up the colonies? For instance, they purposely wanted to prevent Quebec (New France, whatever) from getting too populous, so as to keep it dependent on the homeland.

I have heard both explanations. Perhaps they are both true.

Top Bottom