georgestow's Miss Me? / PCX request thread

georgestow

Proud to be Awesome
Nah, didn't think so. ;)

I don't know why, but I spent some time away from civfanatics. I'm not sure exactly why, but I'm thinking I'd like to get back into it. I still have exams for a few weeks, but after that I'd like to pick up my modding where I left off. I've still got some more plans for The Mod Of Modness.
But, right now I'd like some small pcx work to do, just to ease me back into modding.

So basically, I'm thinking, does anyone have any tech icons or buildings/wonders, etc, that they'd like making? This is me taking requests. I know I'm not one of the better pcx artists, but I get the job done.

(I'm reasonably sure there's been pcx request threads around before, but I just also wanted to announce my return, so, y'know, why not have it's own thread?)

Also, thank you all for being such a wonderful community over the years.

Welcome back!

I do have a request in mind though it might be a lot - a new Korean (not Korean War or nothing modern, but pre-industrial) themed interface for "Wake of the Tiger."

Welcome back as well. I had noticed that you had not been posting for a while, but I just figured that you had gotten busy doing other things.

As for Wonders, Plotinus has done a very nice Mammoth unit, and I would love to have a Wonder for the auto-production of Mammoth cavalry units similar to the Statue of Zeus, where the requirement would be a luxury resource of Mammoth.

I do have a request in mind though it might be a lot - a new Korean (not Korean War or nothing modern, but pre-industrial) themed interface for "Wake of the Tiger."

Okay, what sort of era or anything is this? Is there an information thred on the mod I should be looking at? And do you want it to be one era or four?

As for Wonders, Plotinus has done a very nice Mammoth unit, and I would love to have a Wonder for the auto-production of Mammoth cavalry units similar to the Statue of Zeus, where the requirement would be a luxury resource of Mammoth.

Right, I've done a bit of googling. So, do you want it to be a modern thing (like, bringing mammoths back to life) or do you want it to be an older thing (I figure cave paintings work as a good wonder. Chauvet Cave maybe?)? Or do you have a better idea?

Right, I've done a bit of googling. So, do you want it to be a modern thing (like, bringing mammoths back to life) or do you want it to be an older thing (I figure cave paintings work as a good wonder. Chauvet Cave maybe?)? Or do you have a better idea?

The older one is to be preferred, although having Genetics make possible something like a restored mammoth would be a very interesting possibility as well.

Something like these would be fine.
http://www.finefossils.com/images/products/large_372_3.jpg

Or you could use the inspiration of Plotinus' Mammoth units.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=359199

I will need to think about maybe a Mammoth Clone Small Wonder however as well.

Okay, this is what I've rumbled up.

Is this what you had in mind?
If there's anything wrong with it, say now, otherwise it stays as is.

Okay, this is what I've rumbled up.

Is this what you had in mind?
If there's anything wrong with it, say now, otherwise it stays as is.

I like it very much. It has that touch of classic simplicity. You look at it, and it should immediately be obvious as to what it is. I am never quite sure how the Statue of Zeus relates to Ancient Cavalry, as Poseidon is referred to as "Tamer of Horses', not Zeus.

Now, to find the time to carefully add it and one of Plotinus' Mammoth Units, probably the Viking one, to a scenario. The northern Sea Faring Vikings will be invading the rich southlands with Mammoth cavalry.

"Havoc!"

Thank you very much, Georgestow.:goodjob::goodjob:

I'm obviously far too efficient. It's done and in my library.

Hopefully, this did not take too much time away from your studies. A study break perhaps?

What studies? Oh yeah! Those exams! Meh. They'll do themselves. I can rinse most of them easy anyway. ;)

Welcome back! Of course we missed you!!! :wavey:

What studies? Oh yeah! Those exams! Meh. They'll do themselves. I can rinse most of them easy anyway. ;)
Hey, now I know why you're proud to be awesome! :goodjob: And welcome back! :)

Okay, what sort of era or anything is this? Is there an information thred on the mod I should be looking at? And do you want it to be one era or four?

Korean Three Kingdoms period and just one era. :) The interface would be used for all four eras in the mod.

Man, this internet thing has really gotten quite big. It can be hard to find what you need sometimes. Someone should organise it.
Nonetheless, I have done much searching and now desire your opinion.
In my interfaces, there are two pictures used. One for the background, one for the borders and overlay.
So, I've found a variety of pictures and want to know what you think will work best for each of these. Bear in mind I'll obviously try a bit of editing and touching up on them anyways.
So, backgrounds:
Spoiler :

And overlays:
Spoiler :

Try to imagine how they'll look AS backgrounds and overlays. And also touched up a bit.
(This question is open to everyone btw. Ogedei's and my opinions are the final decisions here, but any input would be appreciated.)
If you have any other images that you think would work, do post them!

The third picture looks good for a background; it has the right colors and isn't too bright.

For boreders, you might want to try some of these:

Spoiler :

This one more specifically has re-creations of what decorations may have looked like during the Three Kingdoms Period (shown in the pavalion pics mid-way through the blog):

http://blog.daum.net/_blog/BlogType...yId=48&regdt=20110329171626#ajax_history_home

Or this site:
http://blog.daum.net/_blog/BlogType...5&_bloghome_menu=recenttext#ajax_history_home

I did a search in Korean Google for 단청무늬 (the roof beam and wall panel decorations). The images are mostly from current existing Korean palaces, but I couldn't find decent pictures of Three Kingdoms era restorations.

Rightyo, finished. It's not my finest work, I'll admit. But, I'm no Kyriakos (synonym for perfectionist), and I think it'll do. If you think it's hideously awful, it can give it another shot, that's fine. It's just a simple repetive process based off the template.
But anyways, check it out, see what you think.

Top Bottom