Georgia, one of the worst civ choices!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't understand the hate for Georgia.

We haven't NEARLY hit the "bottom of the barrel" yet.

My secret dream is for Wallachia and Hungary in an expac (with Ottomans if they're not in yet) then we can recreate the wars with Hunyadi, Saint Stephen, and Vlad the Dragon.

Georgia isn't the worst choice, far from it. I'd say Cree are much worse. Firaxis had so many North Amerindian tribes to pick from instead. Iroquois, though already included in a couple of previous iterations, would be a far better choice, for one, they actually built settlements, walled ones and (long)houses too.
Georgia is in because of a famous Female Great Leader for the most part. However, Georgia was never a world power. A highland/mounainous country, they get highland bonuses (Well done Firaxis!), Spiritual/Religious, and I'd say should have a rather a Tall/perfectionistic approach to expansion.

Be careful what you wish for Zaarin dear boy. If we started having more dark horses than mainstays my dastardly plot to get The Olmec, Nigeria, and Nepal into civ may come to fruition! You’d have to find some way live with the knowledge that somewhere out there I, the Prince of Nigeria, got his way. However would you sleep at night knowing that a civ with a (GASP!) unattested language got into the game all because of your frivolous disregard for the Civ code of conduct? You wouldn’t! Nay, you couldn’t!
I'll take the Olmec speaking Mixe over more more post-colonial nations. :p

Georgia isn't the worst choice, far from it. I'd say Cree are much worse. Firaxis had so many North Amerindian tribes to pick from instead. Iroquois, though already included in a couple of previous iterations, would be a far better choice, for one, they actually built settlements, walled ones and (long)houses too.
Georgia is in because of a famous Female Great Leader for the most part. However, Georgia was never a world power. A highland/mounainous country, they get highland bonuses (Well done Firaxis!), Spiritual/Religious, and I'd say should have a rather a Tall/perfectionistic approach to expansion.
I'm betting someone in design and planning is explaining to legal and marketing why they went with the Cree instead of the Sioux or Iroquois :D

If it's any consolation, it's Friday.

If a new civ gets announced on-schedule, the Great Georgia Controversy will be a stale affair.
You misspelled "leaked".

My bet is this week will bring the Inca, under my theory that they are alternating new civs and civ staples.

You misspelled "leaked".

My bet is this week will bring the Inca, under my theory that they are alternating new civs and civ staples.

Makes sense. I can't imagine they end on anything other than the Ottomans. That is the 'safest' choice in civ and its always nice to go out on a high note.

Even the Zulu over South Africa?
Yes. I'm not thrilled with the inclusion of the Zulu, but I do recognize that there aren't a whole lot of options for the southern regions of Africa. If we need a civ to fill that gap, I will reluctantly take the Zulu over South Africa, not knowing the region well enough to suggest an alternative. The various Khoisan peoples are really interesting, but I don't exactly see them as "civ" material--they're among the few hunter/gatherer tribes left in the world today outside the Amazon.

Moderator Action: This thread has steered off topic and has reached the end of its discussion, if you want to continue talking about Georgia please do it in the Georgia First Look

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom