[DE] German elections 2021

Because the left needs a makeover to appear to heterosexual people. Too much of the left is obsessed with LGBTQ issues and an LGBTQ identity. Also cisgender males are outright demonized so you end up only kinda having a chance with cisgender females. However they too can get demonized for being cisgender.

Can't exactly win when queers make up less than 5% of the population anyway.

Seems to me that its the right thats obsessed with LGBTQ issues and identities. Are they really that insecure?

I saw an article mentioning that as part of the (still in negotiating) very drafty coalition agreement of the SDP-Greens-FDP the minimum wage was increased from current amount (approx Euro 9.50) to Euro 12.00.

Is that correct ?

I saw an article mentioning that as part of the (still in negotiating) very drafty coalition agreement of the SDP-Greens-FDP the minimum wage was increased from current amount (approx Euro 9.50) to Euro 12.00.

Is that correct ?

Yes.

https://cms.gruene.de/uploads/documents/Ergebnis-der-Sondierungen.pdf

Wir werden den gesetzlichen Mindestlohn im ersten Jahr in einer einmaligen Anpassung auf zwölf Euro pro Stunde erhöhen. Im Anschluss daran wird die Mindestlohnkommission über die etwaigen weiteren Erhöhungsschritte befinden.

My rough translation: In the first year, we will raise the minimum wage to 12 Euro per hour. Following that, the minimum wage commission will decide about possible further raises.

Edit: Also interesting concerning elections: They agreed to lower the minimum voting age to 16

Last edited:
Yes.

https://cms.gruene.de/uploads/documents/Ergebnis-der-Sondierungen.pdf

My rough translation: In the first year, we will raise the minimum wage to 12 Euro per hour. Following that, the minimum wage commission will decide about possible further raises.

Edit: Also interesting concerning elections: They agreed to lower the minimum voting age to 16

Vielen Dank :)

Yes, this is the 12 page document that article I saw also referred to.
And how clear does that document start:
I get from that:
Time to leave that stagnating caretaking old fashion (CDU) behind us and move forward with innovation, digitalisation in a green future for all together in Germany.

And that 16 year voting age brings that future also within voting power of the youth, empowering them, leaving the old fashioned CDU with the traditional older voting base behind.

And yes, that 12 Euro, more than 20% increase, is intended to happen in the first year already.
(BTW the Nobel Prize for Economy this year was also for empirical analysis including that raising a minimum wage does not need to lead to much loss of jobs)

Seems to me that its the right thats obsessed with LGBTQ issues and identities. Are they really that insecure?

What if the moderates are also insecure? Can you prove it's just the right?

The right may be more vocal, but one has no idea what's going on inside of the head of a centrist since they don't speak up.

What if the moderates are also insecure? Can you prove it's just the right?

The right may be more vocal, but one has no idea what's going on inside of the head of a centrist since they don't speak up.

I'm more or less a centrist/left of center.

Mostly u think the focus on being "woke" is counter productive.

You don't need to be a right wing loon. With such a huge fous on it people don't need to be anti LGBTQ more like "you're not paying attention to us".

You pointed out LGBTQ make up around 4-5% and most already vote left. From an electoral strategy PoV there's no votes there you're mostly preaching to the choir.

There's no real upside to catering to the woke left in most countries. There's no votes there. If they stay at home it's bad but not as bad as losing the swing voters.

I would normally say the same thing about the extreme right but that varies by country. The GoP fan get away with a lot more in the USA than similar parties say here. And you have the AfD as well which is sidelined (self inflicted).

You pointed out LGBTQ make up around 4-5% and most already vote left.

"most already vote left"

I think you cannot say that (anymore).

When rightwing is strongly influenced by christian (family) convictions... yes.
But secularisation happened also in the political parties !!!
Strong christian influence is either a faction in a big political party, or separated as political party (multi party systems).

Our (in NL) more extreme socially rightwing party of Geert Wilders (PVV) is not at all against LGBTQ.
Supporting LGBTQ individuals is one of their arguments against Islam migrants because of the high content of religious orthodoxism on also LGBTQ matters.

And as it happened in NL since the 50ies of last century: the gay culture was a substream culture and from there more open minded to other individuals from other (also left) substream cultures.

You can imo even say that the gay movements in NL were in the 70ies-80ies (and are still to a fair degree) hijacked by leftish people.
That the younger LGBTQ people are more vocal and active because they are still close to the coming out phase does not take away that there are (in NL) already decades and therefore generations of LGBTQ people who are settled.

Settled LGBTQ individuals with mostly good jobs and status in life.
Not so interested in things like shouting, drama, messian dreams, etc from group movements and young people.

Because the left needs a makeover to appear to heterosexual people. Too much of the left is obsessed with LGBTQ issues and an LGBTQ identity. Also cisgender males are outright demonized so you end up only kinda having a chance with cisgender females. However they too can get demonized for being cisgender.

Can't exactly win when queers make up less than 5% of the population anyway.

Not a single issue being talked about in this thread was LGBT related. Is the minimum wage and phasing out coal, gay? You are literally obsessed with it, you bring it up out of nowhere.

Also you're complaining that you can't get with trans chicks? 'So you end up only kinda having a chance with cisgender females'.

It's amazing the right wing persecution complex that you people develop. Yes, the 99% of the population that is totally cisgender, that holds every important office, every high position in government, society and business is demonised and hated. It's trans people, who literally got their first Parlimentarian representation in Germany this election that are the evil woke overlords. And Germany is far ahead of the curve relative to most nations.

Is the minimum wage and phasing out coal, gay?

If there's a bad energy crisis this winter people will want more coal. So yes.

If people are starving and don't want to sell a kidney for a burger, then they won't tolerate the burger flippers getting more pay. So double yes.

If people are starving and don't want to sell a kidney for a burger, then they won't tolerate the burger flippers getting more pay. So double yes.

What the hell is this, don't you realize that the people who would be starving are the people who are on minimum wage ?? If they get a 10% wage rise and food inflation is 2% it's definitely a win for them.
Also all studies on minimum wage rises have concluded that it barely affects prices so no one has to sell a kidney for a burger either way.

If there's a bad energy crisis this winter people will want more coal. So yes.

I honestly can't tell if you are just a very committed troll, or just very stupid. Which says a lot about your ideology.

Your claim is that the Left Parties were obsessed with LGBT issues. Meanwhile literally every issue talked about was pure economics. You brought it up, because YOU are obsessed with gay people. And we all know what tends to happen to conservatives that are comically obsessed with gay people.

Then you can't even make a coherent response. Nobody is selling a kidney, so they can eat fast food. Your understanding of the minimum wage is moronic. And they are talking about replacing coal, with other energy sources, not just turning them off.

Your claim is that the Left Parties were obsessed with LGBT issues. Meanwhile literally every issue talked about was pure economics. You brought it up, because YOU are obsessed with gay people.

The left is obsessed with gay people and many other issues that don't really make sense making a big deal about. They already have their rights, they are already equal. So why do they make such a big deal like we're still in the middle ages or something?

Instead they could be focusing on issues more pertainent to the current economic situation. But instead the try so hard to co-opt LGBTQ when not all LGBTQ are leftist to begin with.

The left is obsessed with gay people and many other issues that don't really make sense making a big deal about. They already have their rights, they are already equal. So why do they make such a big deal like we're still in the middle ages or something?

Instead they could be focusing on issues more pertainent to the current economic situation. But instead the try so hard to co-opt LGBTQ when not all LGBTQ are leftist to begin with.

Except they barely have their rights. Those are under constant attacks from the right. Homophobic attacks and discrimination haven't gone away either.
Jeez, next you will be saying women and ethnic minorities are all treated equally and fairly.

So I scanned the election manifesto of Die Linke and my quick results are that 3 out of 150 pages concern gay people. That is by no means an obsession. And I don't think I saw a single poster from them about gay rights.

Top Bottom