German game, American city names?

spicytimothy

Warlord
That's what's happening to me right now.. I think I might have ran out of German city names or something, becuase the game starts naming my new cities Washington, NY, Boston, Philly etc...

Anyone out there having the same problem?

It's not a problem, the game only contains a limited number of names for each civilization. You can manually name the cities if you don't like what the game is supplying you, or you can edit the xml file the names are in and add more.

i believe it was the same in the older civ's.

if all city names of one empire are given away, the new ones are taken from a random non-playing civ.

In Civ 3 it was:

Boston
New Boston
New Boston 2
New Boston 3

Getting the city list from other civs is odd...:hmm:

spicytimothy said:
That's what's happening to me right now.. I think I might have ran out of German city names or something, becuase the game starts naming my new cities Washington, NY, Boston, Philly etc...

Anyone out there having the same problem?

uhm... actually it depends on what Civ you are playing. Whatever is the game localization/language, if you play the "American Empire" your cities will be named like you said...

onedreamer said:
uhm... actually it depends on what Civ you are playing. Whatever is the game localization/language, if you play the "American Empire" your cities will be named like you said...

Like I said, I was playing as the Germans...

o wellz in any case it doesn't border me or anything just thought I'd point it out.

i was starting in france
after certain number of cities i have built
i start to have cities named like san fransico etc

I've had the same problem playing as the Spanish, it doesn't seem to happen in a logical order. Every game starts me at a random American city name, and it changes which Spanish city it comes after. I'm thinking it actually is a glitch.

nevermind ...... :rolleyes:

Top Bottom