German help needed!

Nach Meinung von Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, ........ , kann befehlen, wer klare Begriffe hat.

A) den berühmten Dichter
B) des berühmten Dichters
C) dem berühmten Dichters

So... a, b, or c?

Frau Merkel!, unser ........, kontrolliert regelmäßig das Treppenhaus.

a) Hausdrache
b) Hausdrachen
c) Haus Drache.

:D

reading it again, it's not. non of the options are. :p

"dem berühmten Dichter" is correct.

you had me seriously confused there for a minute :eek:

My favorite German phrase is: "Ich habe hunger". Now when I'm in that state, I say that instead of the equivalent in English. :o

the answer is strange but true .. the answer is B
Thinking about it, shouldn't it be A? Though B certainly sounds more correct.

I pity people who have to learn the german cases as a second language :ack:

according to the "official" explanations ... goes as follows...

"Richtig is b. Der "Drache" steht für "Lindwurm", der "Drachen" ist ein Fluggerät oder - eine streitsüchtige Frau. Man kann wirklich nicht behaupten, daß Sprache logisch sei."

how about that for logic eh? hehe...

Hah, that's the advantage of speaking a native language whose case system is even more complicated than the German one! :p This was all a piece of cake.

German has:
Der
Die
Das
Den
Dem
Des [Wort(e)]s
or no article

So 7 possibilities, for 4 different cases.
My native language has, off the top of my head... 16 possibilities, for 5 different cases. Although one or two of those are not very commonly used in day-to-day conversation, there might be some that I missed.

Now, the weird fact with the German dative acting as a substitute for a locative and a temporal case... that's a different story, and difficult as hell.

i'll try my best.

Okay, I'm sending it to you. :)

No need, I feel bad for those who have to learn the difference between content and content. Spelled the same, pronounced differently. :D

Such things exist in every language. :) English spelling in general however is absolutely terrible and a nightmare for a foreigner to learn. Ever wondered why it is so much easier to tell when someone is not a native English speaker, as opposed to other languages? Well, that's a big part of the reason (the unique phonetics of English being the biggest part, but certainly not the only one).

Such things exist in every language. :) English spelling in general however is absolutely terrible and a nightmare for a foreigner to learn. Ever wondered why it is so much easier to tell when someone is not a native English speaker, as opposed to other languages? Well, that's a big part of the reason (the unique phonetics of English being the biggest part, but certainly not the only one).

Despite what other native English speaking people tell you, our pronunciation is only difficult to identify foreigners. We don't like them too much.

holyking sagte, wenn sein Fahrrad nicht platt wäre, ...... er nur zu gerne.

A. komme
B. käme
C. kommt

That's correct.

Er trank einen ..... Rum.

A. Dreiviertelliter
B. dreiviertel Liter
C. drei viertel Liter ...

I think that's easy... don't ask me why but it is :D

Top Bottom