1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

German Offensive

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game: Citizens' started by ice2k4, Aug 5, 2006.

1. ice2k4

ice2k4 Chieftain

Well, if anyone (which I doubt) has looked much at the Triumvirate thread, I brought up the discussion about German war goals. And of course the possibility of an offensive came up. Within the next 20-30 turns, an offensive actually doesnt look like such a bad idea. However we must begin to plan now for it. I would like the citizens opinion on this. In a day or two I will psot an opinion poll as well.

This thread is here to determine if the citizens really do "favor" it.

2. Vind2

Vind2 Woof?

I think we should. It would eliminate alot of their power and stop them from thinking they can bully us. We need catpults for it. i thinks it's something like 60%. W/ chitzen Ictha. We would aslo not only need to capture it but hold on to it. It might be isolated by German culture for a few turns so maybe even 20+ units would be needed in the long run.

3. robboo

robboo Chieftain

Cats are the key LOTS of cats.
    A stack of 8-10 cats with a few 5-7 maces( spears- medic for protection) will take it in 1-2 turns. Build enought cats...and you can take thw whole of Germany with a handful of other units. ITs not pretty..you will have to sacrifice alot of cats( boy that sounds bad..but we are pagans). YOu never build anotehr non cat unit once you start almost pure cat production to replace the sacrificed ones and only build a few to replace the dead units. Horses and others units...around to help kill wondering units between cities and protect the cat stack

The concept is you suicide cats until you are atttack success is higher than 75%-80% with your units. Then attack with them if you have enough units to take it otherwise you wasted the collateral damage. Its a gutsy ruthless form of fighting..something we dont appear to have the guts to do...we are playing not to lose...its time to play like we have nothing to lose.

4. Sweetacshon

Sweetacshon In the foetal position

Yep, the cat stack is a good idea, we'll just need enough spears to protect it from horse, crossbows to protect it from mace, and THEN hold Berlin after we take it. It really would make things easier if we could knock out their horse and iron.

5. Nobody

Nobody Gangster

I havent played civ4 in ages (i got the game, but i also got world of warcraft) but from what i understand building new citys is alot harder on the economy than in civ3, infact the people have been discussing not buliding an additional city due to the deficet, Can we afford the up keep of capturing german citys?

6. GeorgeOP

GeorgeOP RF Bleachers

This is especially true for cities that are surrounded by another countries borders.

7. robboo

robboo Chieftain

burn them.. :O

8. Oldbus

Oldbus Chief of Confusion

I suspect keeping Berlin would be worthwhile (though I haven't done the maths). I would raze acity like Dortmund though.

9. ice2k4

ice2k4 Chieftain

Yeh, but razing too much will giver Russia a chance to increase its power and territory. We should take Berlin and if possible raze only a city ortwo. This will cripple the Germans, and then we would have Russia to worry about.

10. GeorgeOP

GeorgeOP RF Bleachers

If we can cut down Germany by taking their capitol and burning several of their cities, Russia shouldn't scare us.

11. ice2k4

ice2k4 Chieftain