German playthrough 14/6/13

camfrlas

Chieftain

Great to FINALLY see the Reformation beliefs! :D
I don't see the "Missionaries convert Barbarians" one, so either it is already taken, or it got axed...

Also, this explains the Comanche Rider's faith cost! :D (PS: Faith purchased Nuclear Bombs... Just sayin'!)

Buying Universities with faith... Soooo good! :p

Not sure why Unity of the Prophets is a good thing (for anyone other than Indonesia)...

I'm watching it right now, but I'm sure there's more info in the english tooltips than from the guys talking

Religious Fervor explains why the Comanche Riders have a Faith cost on the Civilopedia page.

To the Glory of God sounds quite powerful.

Yeah I'm watching it now and trying to understand as much as I can with my high school educated German.
Reformation beliefs as mentioned above at 7:59.
Nothing new picked up so far based on what they're saying.
Cool to see the early trade routes to city states, and getting 25% bonus from your city next to River.
Will watch rest and see if they say something interesting still

It'll make it harder for foreign cities to get rid of your religion. (Or for your cities to get rid of someone else's, if they've picked it.)

AH! :blush: I read it wrong - I thought our Inquisitors and Great Prophets would not be able to completely remove other religions from our cities!
My bad :p

That's specially good for religions with "per follower" beliefs such as Tithe, actually! :p

Great to FINALLY see the Reformation beliefs! :D
I don't see the "Missionaries convert Barbarians" one, so either it is already taken, or it got axed...

Also, this explains the Comanche Rider's faith cost! :D (PS: Faith purchased Nuclear Bombs... Just sayin'!)

Buying Universities with faith... Soooo good! :p

Not sure why Unity of the Prophets is a good thing (for anyone other than Indonesia)...

Unity of the Prophets helps your Religion survive when Great Prophets are being spammed at you.
It probably works in foreign territory too... So it helps your religion survive the Inquistion.

Charitable missions sounds interesting... It doesn't seem to require the religion itself (unless it only works on CS with the religion present.. Like Papal Primacy

Those caravans don't move 1 tile per turn like the ones at PAX did.

Nathanial Hawthorne - Great Writer - Twice-told Tales

Those reformation beliefs look great- from a role playing perspective as well as a gameplay point of view. Imagine Venice with some of those faith-purchasing beliefs...!

Another possibility is that this is not the full list and (some) reformation beliefs have prerequisites. It would be weird to have Religious Fervor but not Holy Warriors, or Sacred Sites but none of the building beliefs.

I assume those aren't all of the reformation beliefs either, as we were told of some others in previous previews not mentioned here

Wow, Reformation beliefs are POWERFUL. Really, it's the clear 'benefit' for going into the Piety tree.

I think it'll be my new favorite opening Policy Branch.

Interestingly though since Piety's open from the start, it'd be possible surely to have reformation beliefs before you've enhanced your religion... and who knows what would happen if you don't have one but still get access to these!

Sacred Sites could give you a ludicrously early access to a steady stream of medieval tourism...

Nothing new said but was nice when they summarized by saying they loved the great works (trading and interacting with wonders for theming bonus), that the world Congress was quite indepth and that tourism was a very powerful factor, not only for culture victory but also in affecting ideological unhappiness etc.

Oh man I'm excited :)

Those reformation beliefs look great- from a role playing perspective as well as a gameplay point of view. Imagine Venice with some of those faith-purchasing beliefs...!

I've toyed with the idea of Venice with Fertility Rites, Feed the World and Swords into Plowshares for a massive city - that belief makes it so much more tempting to open up with Piety too - buy science with faith, and save even more gold to buy other buildings and units!

Or buy units with faith, and save gold to buy more buildings!

The possibilities are endless!!! :D

Imagine Venice with some of those faith-purchasing beliefs...!

all the more reason for Venice to go for Piety from the beginning and push for founding religion.

Imagine Byzantium with both the ability to buy science buildings with Faith and the +Tourism for buildings bought with Faith.

Arkangelus: Yeah, I dunno, but the finisher for Piety is a Great Prophet, so... dunno? I would hope if you take the policy before you found a Religion, it will 'save' your Reformation pick until you do.

Eagle: !!!!!!! You just gave me my new favorite Civ... I was trying to figure out how to get both of those!

Top Bottom