German scientist plans to resurrect frozen within 150 years/Cryogenics

Gelion

Retired Captain
The German scientist Klaus Sames, 75 years old, plans to freeze himself in order to resurrect within 150 years.

The process that the researcher wants to undergo Hamburg is called cryopreservation and freezing is a living organism and the subsequent restoration of its biological functions. The German body will cool to 196 degrees below zero. After the lawyers their attention the death of her brain, teaching assistants have only five minutes to get your body in a bath with 60 kilograms of ice. As reported in the German newspaper Bild, if attendees Sames prolong the process for a minute, his grand experiment fail, as the cells begin to break down scientific, and it will be impossible to return to life. The body will be placed in a special cooler and sent to the city of Clinton Township, Michigan (USA), where the company headquarters is located Cryonic Institute.

The company in charge of the process injected into the veins of a special teacher physical solution to freeze and wait until future professionals learn how to revive them. According to the German professor, humanity will take a century and a half to get it. The German signed a contract for his resurrection and paid signature Cryonic Institute 21,000 euros (28 thousand 500 dollars) to thaw your body 150 years later. “I am one hundred percent aware of what I’m doing.I’m right in the head, “said the professor, who spent most of his life studying gerontology and in 1995 began to take an active interest in issues of cryonics.
Source
Here's an original from Bild for those of you lucky enough to know German.

What do you guys think? Will he make it to 2160's? Is this project doomed to fail?

P.S. I don't know if the news agencies reporting this are very respectable or not.

I guess none of us will find out, unless we try the same and it works.

By the way, the Bild is about as reputable as the Daily Mail, but this story seems legit sicne there are also other sources.

Source
Here's an original from Bild for those of you lucky enough to know German.

What do you guys think? Will he make it to 2160's? Is this project doomed to fail?

P.S. I don't know if the news agencies reporting this are very respectable or not.

Is it even legal to do this? Given it can easily be just a misguided suicide, it seems quite dubious from a legal point of view.

And i wouldn't be so sure that even if it was doable, people would be able to/bother to bring him back in 2160. Germany might be a crater by that time (due to no special reason, of course :jesus: ).

It is done after he already died. The idea is that in the future they will be able to revive him.

Oh. So he will be in his 80s when he supposedly will be resurrected? I guess he also plans for there to be all other kinds of cool stuff around to make him 30 again or something :)

Good tactic by that company though. Being paid now for something they may do 150 years later.

For all we know they might freeze him in front of witnesses and later just incinerate the corpse to get rid of it. Who's going to sue them ?

I guess none of us will find out, unless we try the same and it works.
I think by the time you are around 80 the chance of finding out how the future would look like outweights the price. He doesn't have that much to loose.

By the way, the Bild is about as reputable as the Daily Mail, but this story seems legit sicne there are also other sources.
Good to know about Bild. Some of their articles seem far fetched.

Is it even legal to do this? Given it can easily be just a misguided suicide, it seems quite dubious from a legal point of view.
Hey Kyriakos!

Yeah, I think the idea here is that as soon as he dies they'd rush him to cryogenics. So technically he would not pass the stage where the lack of oxygen kills his body off.

And i wouldn't be so sure that even if it was doable, people would be able to/bother to bring him back in 2160. Germany might be a crater by that time (due to no special reason, of course :jesus: ).
They might if they need a witness, for ... something :crazyeye:

A change to see the future at expense of your last remaining years. I'm not sure what I'd say to that.

-- Nice to see you back, Gelion :) --

Thanks! I felt like going back to my roots recently. Good to see that you are still around! :)

They probably will turn into some kind of soup. It is hard to believe cryogenics is advanced enough to prevent that process.

Was this Google-translated ???

That's what I thought. I think it must be. Either that, or it's written by someone undergoing the process even as they write.

I think I can detect a certain frostiness in the prose.

This something I am interested in, and I wish it would take off. We're going to lose an entire generation of loved ones when we don't actually need to.

The theory behind cryonics is mostly fine. Nearly entirely fine. Use cryopreservation technologies to cause a little damage, preserve the body until the technologies are invented to fix/revive the person. I mean, for goodness sake, we already do this with embryos, so it's mostly a question of difficulty.

The real problem is credibility. There's not enough drive, so companies aren't as credible as they need to be. As pointed out, these contracts need to last 150, 200, 300 years. That's a long time, considering one mistake would lose the person forever.

The second issue is incentive to progress the necessary technology. Other than as a hobby project (which would make progress sloowwww), there's not much drive to push the rejuvenation research.

The main upside is that there's very little risk. If we wait until the person is legally dead, then they'd have completely died regardless. That creates a very large upside if there's success.

I keep wishing Alan Alda would do this.

I hope it doesn't take off. Imagine if everyone were cryogenically preserved.

How much energy would it take? Or perhaps they should all be stored in Antarctica?

^Still seems very unlikely that in our world any contract will last for 150 years, given what nice future wars and other disasters await. So it does sound more like a pyramid scheme at the moment...

Would make far more sense to allocate any money granted for this to actual current research for extending life, and not in preserving a corpse for an aeon, cause that likely will end up being a scam.

Well, how long has the world's longest lasting contract lasted for, so far?

only contenders I can think of are states leasing land for up to a hundred years (Hong Kong, Grant anamorphic, etc.). Are there any longer ones?

Top Bottom