German Sturmtrooper

Ares de Borg said:
"Sturmsoldat", not "Sturmtruppen". ;)
What Ares said: "Stoßtrupp" or "Sturmtrupp" describes a group of soldiers organized as an attack formation. The closest what one would call a single trooper (the word trooper doesn't translate well into German military jargon) would be a 'Sturmsoldat' (not to be confused with "Sturmmann", the actual name for a member of the SA paramilitary organization).

Awsome you could make some nice soviets with the cap you used on the winter cammo model and or an officers cap and the ppsh.

BadKharma said:
Awsome you could make some nice soviets with the cap you used on the winter cammo model and or an officers cap and the ppsh.

Or North Koreans....

MoscaTnT said:
Hi,
I've tested the attack animation ingame and I think it works fine, I've rendered the wintercamo attack but I'll modify this for the afrikacorps (how is it spelled?:p )
All the wintercamo animations are finished, the victory is fixed but not perfect I'm going to try fixing the feets. I've added an ironcross. The preview:
Muy bonito, deveras muy bonito - nice nice nice - this uniform colour would be perfect for the Finish winter fatigues or German mountain troops :) you wouldnt have a model of a Feldmütze handy ? :)

Dude, this unit is absolutely awesome. I can tell you are going to become one of the next great Civ III unit makers.... Actually, you might already be there.

P.S. Is the Sturmtrooper supposed to be a field Waffen SS soldier, or a standard Wehrmacht assault infantry soldier? Im just curious because the term Sturmtrooper, historically, usually refers to either the assualt Sturmtroopers of the First World War or SA (AKA brownshirts) stormtroopers who were the mainstay of the early Nazi party.

Either way this unit is awesome.

Awesome indeed!

One thing though the only moment this little guy stands up properly is when he is saluting (victory)- could you make the trooper stand up straight instead of crouching in the default- because it kinda looks like he's in dire need for relieving himself :|? I mean, I know that those cold Russian nights can affect ones bladder but... :D

vs.

I've just opened a new thread with the new unit (german wintercamo).

W.i.n.t.e.r said:
Muy bonito, deveras muy bonito - nice nice nice - this uniform colour would be perfect for the Finish winter fatigues or German mountain troops :) you wouldnt have a model of a Feldmütze handy ? :)

Muchas gracias, en cuanto al Feldmütze... no consigo encontrar una gorra que me sirva como gorra de campaña alemana, sólo gorras de oficiales y cascos, sigo buscando cualquier tipo de gorra para hacer un granadero. (I supose you speak spanish)

Darth Bob said:
Dude, this unit is absolutely awesome. I can tell you are going to become one of the next great Civ III unit makers.... Actually, you might already be there.

P.S. Is the Sturmtrooper supposed to be a field Waffen SS soldier, or a standard Wehrmacht assault infantry soldier? Im just curious because the term Sturmtrooper, historically, usually refers to either the assualt Sturmtroopers of the First World War or SA (AKA brownshirts) stormtroopers who were the mainstay of the early Nazi party.

Either way this unit is awesome.

Thanks, it's a smart name, I want a name more germanic than Asault soldier and less nazi than Waffen SS. It's obvius that the unit is a SS, with SS camo and doing the imperial salute so I wanted to give the unit a chance to be less fascist or for singing "springtime for hitler". At last, sturmtrooper isn't a good name...

W.i.n.t.e.r said:
Awesome indeed!

One thing though the only moment this little guy stands up properly is when he is saluting (victory)- could you make the trooper stand up straight instead of crouching in the default- because it kinda looks like he's in dire need for relieving himself :|? I mean, I know that those cold Russian nights can affect ones bladder but... :D
I plan to change that for the afrikacorps, more stand up and more informal, I'll work on it.

BadKharma said:
Sssshhhhh you have uncovered my plot to get units for my Korean Scenario.
That's not a secret plot!!

It really is hard to believe you are new to this your units are so refined they look like a long time unit creator made them its nice to see you are paying attention to detail.

IMO, the iron cross in the victory animation looks silly. I would probably not use the victory anim for that reason. Just me 2 cents...

TopGun69 said:
IMO, the iron cross in the victory animation looks silly. I would probably not use the victory anim for that reason. Just me 2 cents...

Yes, you can use the Alt victory animation without ironcross included in the zip.
For an historical scenario, the ironcross is daft (as Quinzy said), but I like it for flavor or other kinds of mods.
I've used it for the preview because is funny and different from the sturmtrooper version.

I've also done the attack pose of the afrikacorps, a preview:

MoscaTnT said:
About the zombie... I have done a texture for the kinboat's model and a skinnier body... this is the result:

I'll work on it this week
Now that is beautiful. Nice touch with the one shoe on, one shoe off.

More urban (non-military) type units with guns would be very welcome too. Sorry to join the clamber for requests but your work is of a very high standard. :goodjob:

I don't like soccer and all the ucracians I've meet are wonderfull people but... Viva la selección española!!!! (viva the spanish soccer team!!!)

KingArthur said:
Now that is beautiful. Nice touch with the one shoe on, one shoe off.

More urban (non-military) type units with guns would be very welcome too. Sorry to join the clamber for requests but your work is of a very high standard. :goodjob:

I haven't planed to do any urban units except urban zombies, I'm going to finish the afrikacorps (I hate rendering) and then I'll like to do a pair of zombies, I've played zombie island and the mod is amazing and very funny but there's no romero's zombies (I don't like fantasy zombies for that mod).
About the list, I've done a panzergrenadier skin (oh! no! more kartofen units!) and it works fine (later war) and I'm thinking how to do a working panzerfaust attack, that's an one-shot weapon so he need to carry a box of panzerfaust and take a new one after the attack, perhaps a two-figure unit will be better, a supporting assault rifle soldier and the one with the panzerfaust but this'd be tricky for me, I've done only two units.
I'm thinking about a Castle Wolfesteind mod, perhaps I'll do a nazi-evil-secret-project zombie.
I also plan to play civIII...:p

GREAT WORK!:goodjob:
BadKharma said:
Yes, make soviets, please!

Double post

Top Bottom