German UHV Question

Tweedledum

Prince
OK, so I know what I've got to do - effectively control all of Europe except Iberia, but what constitutes control...?

Take France: do I have to have all of France within my boundaries, or just a proportion of it? If all, does this include Corsica (they founded Ajaccio which is now independant)? If a proportion, what proportion?
I'm hoping its not all, because Rennes is being squeezed by London and it looks like I may have to declare on Spain and raze Leon to relieve the squeeze on Bordeaux. Did I even need to take those two cities, or could I have razed them?

A similar question arises with Greece - I'm thinking of razing Constantinople, capturing Athens and founding on the Albanian coast between Athens and Triest. Is that going to be enough? - I can see Turkish culture being a major pain in the butt down here.

Does England include Ireland? And don't even start me on Russia - up to the Urals!? Aaarrrggghhh

OK, so I know what I've got to do - effectively control all of Europe except Iberia, but what constitutes control...?

Take France: do I have to have all of France within my boundaries, or just a proportion of it? If all, does this include Corsica (they founded Ajaccio which is now independant)? If a proportion, what proportion?
I'm hoping its not all, because Rennes is being squeezed by London and it looks like I may have to declare on Spain and raze Leon to relieve the squeeze on Bordeaux. Did I even need to take those two cities, or could I have razed them?

A similar question arises with Greece - I'm thinking of razing Constantinople, capturing Athens and founding on the Albanian coast between Athens and Triest. Is that going to be enough? - I can see Turkish culture being a major pain in the butt down here.

Does England include Ireland? And don't even start me on Russia - up to the Urals!? Aaarrrggghhh

As far as Italy goes, I think Rome and Milan should be enough (with Rome's culture extending down to the heel)
Rennes and Bordeaux should count no matter what their cultural influence. (Turn up the dial on culture if needed) If Spain built Leon it's very likely they will declare war on you anyway, but if you conquer all of Spain (like I did) your stability will be a major problem.
England does not include Ireland (I know because I got the criteria with Dublin still being independent after I collapsed Britain, and because my English cities' culture was nil after conquest)
Don't raze Constantinople (it's a useful city as a chokepoint--just amass troops there and Turkey will not be a problem). Yes you do need one more city between Athens and roughly Venice.
Raze some small independent cities in Scandinavia because if you don't your science will suffer a lot (besides the stability issue).

The answer is in the Python code! (And I can't even code in Python.) To fulfil the goal, you need to control more cities in the civ's "normal area" than they do. Of course, the question then becomes: What is the target civ's normal area?

I think the UHV objective areas are still correct though. Siberia certainly is.

I'm not triggering the first condition, though it seems I should be from reading the above descriptions (what "controlled" means) and looking at the linked atlas.

I control all of France in the atlas, except for some of the water tiles, and the two hill tiles at the top of Spain (Navarra).

I'm missing a single tile of "Rome," the southern tile of Sardina.

Greece is completely controlled, excepting eastern Crete, which is not indicated as necessary by the atlas.

I only have two cities in Rome (Rom, Mailand), France(Bourdaux, Paris) and Greece respectively (Athens, Byzantium), but from the above it does not seem like that should be a problem as I control more cities than their zero cities.
Year 1823, difficulty Emperor, newest mod version.

Do I have to gear up and conquer Spain, found more cities, wait until 1870 for it to trigger or anything else?

Thanks!

Wait until 1870, then it will trigger. Those cities you are mentioning are definitely enough to fulfill the criteria.

Yep, just had to reach 1870. I figured "control by 1870" meant it would trigger earlier.

Vielen Dank!

Top Bottom